• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new dodge dart

jason lewis

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
My wife really wants a new dart.Tell me about your experiences.

My son has been thinking about a Dart or a FIAT 500. I'm curious, too.

I had a Dart rental car, I was pleasantly surprised, pretty sporty, nice interior, and zippy as well. If they made a two door I would consider getting one, I am just not a 4 door type of car owner.

idrivemopar - "if they made a two door I would consider getting one." I agree the car looks nice and handles well, but give me a "coupe" please... lol

I've got the 2013 SXT model with the 1.4 Multiair turbo and 6 speed manual gearbox. Has the 17" rims and low profile tires. I love the car. It has some turbo lag but I think it has more to do with the "drive by wire" setup in it.

I had one for almost a week, while my vehicle was in for warranty work. Eh, it's a car.

I posted about the Dart 2 years ago and was "beaten-up" a bit.

But: I think its a great car!

We went and test drove one today,2.4 auto.The car seemed good.But I hated the engine.Seemed like it was always reving.Underpowered.I would guess if I was climbing a canyon it would run out of power.I chose the biggest engine to try and get away from that.Now we also tested a 200 that was loaded.Now I really liked that car.3.6 v6.Just under 300 hp.Good power,smooth,8 or 9 speed trans,I can see a nightmare with that.And the 2015's have a better warranty on the engine than the 2016's.My wife isn't sold on the 200.Not to mention the price.Now let the deliberations begin.

Between the two I'd take the 200

My buddy is a tech at the Chrysler dodge dealership and him and all his coworkers will tell you the dart is the biggest piece of **** Chrysler has ever slapped together. They will all say it's the crappiest car Chrysler ever made. Just saying.

I rented a 200 two years ago. That was a very nice driving car! I was pretty surprised at the power it had with four adults inside. It had a 3.6L, as well. I'd be more interested in a 200, personally. My son is leaning towards the FIAT 500. Those are fun little cars!

Since the 200 was brought into the conversation, I'd have to say the 200 beats the Dart all day long coupe or not. lol

My brother bought one and we bought a Chevy Cruze........ buy a Cruze! I'm a big Mopar guy but the Dart feels and drives like an eco car where the Cruze is an eco car that feels like a mid size car. This is the one car I think Chevy got right.

Just got a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 3.6 v6.......gotta say it's a damn nice ride!!!

Not sure about the Cruze my wifes friend bought one had and it has been a piece of crap from the start motor lost oil pressure less than 5k miles engine knocks and vibrates bad ever since. Plus have had a lot of electrical issues.

i got my daughter in a 2015 dart ralley brand new an got her a green sheet price. had it close to a year now and she loves it. gave me a ride in it and it has nice options. 8.5 touch screen. back up camera. remote start. hands free. got the full led tail light which i think is cool. dam car had more options than my 09 charger, that is why i traded it in on a challenger..lol

Attachments

• IMG_2492_zps866620dc.jpg
    IMG_2492_zps866620dc.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 120
Auto Transport Service
Back