• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New exhaust, what you guys think?

alextucker

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
SS system just fitted an hour ago

IMG_5434.jpg IMG_5435.jpg

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I started mine this week. I have everything cut to size. Today I'll finish tacking and remove to weld it up!
20170403_175648.jpg
20170404_205440.jpg

I didn't realize how off center these cars are. Of coarse the engine sits in there off center and crooked. One header is longer than the other and the tunnel is two inches off center in the car.

Looks great!

Step #2: electronic exhaust cut-outs....(tee-hee-hee)

PS: I LOVE that old blue Connecticut plate!

Super nice fabrication. Are the tubes from Pipes? I used SS bands instead of conventional muffler style clamps in some areas and I can dismantle the system in minutes. I would have preferred welded flanges with pinch clamps but I couldn't find them in the time frame I had.
Be a good time to weld in a bung for an O2 sensor for future upgrades.

Looks great!

Step #2: electronic exhaust cut-outs....(tee-hee-hee)

PS: I LOVE that old blue Connecticut plate!
Yeah I looked at putting them in but my budget didn't allow it with the shipping from US as you can't get them here in Ireland. Would have lovely to hear it really roar.
Thankfully the Garda here do not mind the illegal plate once it has my Irish reg on it as it's not a daily driver.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I started mine this week. I have everything cut to size. Today I'll finish tacking and remove to weld it up!
View attachment 410905 View attachment 410904

I didn't realize how off center these cars are. Of coarse the engine sits in there off center and crooked. One header is longer than the other and the tunnel is two inches off center in the car.
When are you coming to Milwaukee? You can do mine! I'll have my wife bake you a pie! Hell... I will even provide the meal,Before the pie!! Nice looking work Kid!!

When are you coming to Milwaukee? You can do mine! I'll have my wife bake you a pie! Hell... I will even provide the meal,Before the pie!! Nice looking work Kid!!
Man, I would like to be able to take you up on that! Mine just about did me in. I'll be hurting tomorrow! I finished it today. Check out my build thread in a day or two. "Taking up new Residence"

Auto Transport Service
Back