• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New FAST EFI

yosemitedale

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new FAST EZ-EFI system?
Sounds like a good alternative to a carb setup, IMHO.

I haven't used it but ANY FI is a good alternative to a carb. That's the no brainer part. However parting with the green requires you make an informed decision. $2K + buys a lot of gas especially if your car is an occasional driver.

I was looking at a FAST efi setup or a Holley efi setup for a while as well.

I never pulled the trigger on any, but I would have gone with the Holley Avenger efi setup simply cause I could get an answer from the Holley people pretty quickly; the people on the chat forum were helpful too.

I registered for both of the manufacturer's web forums and asked a lot of questions and snooped around on both sites for months.

Things in common from both was that a lot of the efi problems were user/installation induced: bad grounds, poor choice of O2 sensor location, etc.

Dang, I still want to do it. Hmmm...

watermelon

Fast ez, thats what I would do.

MSD Atomic EFI

Take a look at MSD's entry into the efi realm:

http://www.atomicefi.com/

I did a lot of research into both FAST and the Holley systems. This MSD setup looks like the way to go.

Dang, should I or shouldn't I....

watermelon

Thanks for all the replies.

My engine will be in the 700-800 hp range. MSD and Holly systems can't handle that kind of flow. MSD's throttle body can't be upgraded to higher flow injectors, and Holley's don't have enough airflow at all.

Go for it Watermelon! It's only money.

Fast EZ-EFI has dual quad option setup that is good to 1000+ hp, or so their ad says.

Fast (EZ or race EFI system), seems to be the only aftermarket manufacturer that will support over 600 hp, as far as I know. With Fast system, you must go with dual quad setup over 600 hp.

Cheers

From my experience (past FAST user) the Holley is way faster to self tune and 10x more user friendly. You can buy an EFI intake and go to MPI and a good billet throttle body that'll move some air which is what you should have anyway on a 7-800hp engine. The Holley will do nearly anything you want to do and has a bunch of datalogging options built right in. Don't shortchange yourself with a bolt on EFI setup at that HP level. You'll just spend the money twice.

Have you heard of, or checked into, Mega-Squirt EFI? It's an open-source software that uses off-the-the-shelf sensors to make custom fuel injection. These folks openly share fuel and timing maps. Its an option, but you gotta be kinda handy in electrical and want to do some home-work. As I said in other posts, my goal is to use this as a sequential-port, FI system. I will need to do crank, and cam sensing to do this.
The goal is to ALSO eliminate the Dizzy and use a coil-per-plug set-up similar to the Cheby LS motors.

Thanks for all the replies. I looked at the Holley website, and looks interesting, but they seem to concentrate on Chevy MPI intakes. The only thing for Mopars is the universal kit which forces you to machine your own intake manifold to install the fuel injector rails. Wish they would have a ready made MPI intake for the 440-1 heads.
Also looked at the Megasquirt system, and it seems you have to do a lot of didling with the system. Rather have a more user friendly installation. Getting lazy in my old age.
MSD system is for lower hp engines, rather than the 700-800 hp I'm looking for.

Cheers

check motorvation website, mark pickens owns this as well as clay milllicans top fuel team. he has efi for everything from street to all out drag!!!
Kid

Hughes Engines has got a pre-setup Performer RPM Air Gap intake setup with fuel rails and machine work already done for fuel injection.... for small blocks.

:th_krazy::icon_salut::icon_thumleft:Are you looking at the single or double throttle body?? Speak to Rich and tell him HEMI-ITIS sent you. He IS THE MAN

http://www.fastmanefi.com/

FWIW,Rich wrote the EFI programs for systems used in SEVERAL US auto manufactureres.I may be wrong,but I think he wrote the program for the FAST system also.NO one including FAST can give the aftersale tech as well as rich,anyone can "sell"em.:eusa_eh:

This is Rich from Fast Man EFI. I will have information about the new EZ-EFI 2.0 on my web site later today. It is really a nice upgrade - but what I like the best is the way it looks. Yeah - I know - a techy guy like me shouldn't care about looks but I do!

Check it out later at fastmanefi.com

Notes about the new FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 are now posted on my website.
fastmanefi.com

Auto Transport Service
Back