• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New from MN, 69 hippie bird

northerndave

Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Howdy, I guess this is where the intro's go. I'm Dave from minnesota, I'm 40, married with 3 kids, conservative, hunter, fisherman, gear head, gulf war vet and the proud owner of this new to me 1969 hippie bird lol!!

101_4214.jpg

101_4215.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Crazy paint huh?

car is a Lynch road product, 383 & a 4 speed, the fresh air hood is original to the car as it the eng & trans. The interior has survived 4 decades as well.

Original paint color is T7 (that dark bronze color) with a vinyl top.

She's a good strong runner, healthy engine all original except for the cam, dual exhaust with a crossover tube & a pair of flowmasters, tires are new, wheels are in good shape. It's a power steering car and it holds the road really nice, the non power drum brakes work really good too.

I guess mostly what it needs is some body/paint work, a new vinyl top and some weatherstripping.

I'm planning on going back to the original dark bronze metalic. this old paint job complete with acid trip murals and pulse-panel orange stripes is signed & dated 1976 by the painter.

Sorry for the lengthy into, looks like a great site you guys have here.

I know it's not cool to double post but I'd like to plop this in the 66 to 70 section, I'm just excited to find a B-body forum.

Dave

Looks very good:yes:, welcome to the MoPar family:grin:.
Sven

Welcome,at least it didnt get the crushed velvet interior along with the paint.

Good looking survivor, The paint was an in thing at that time. Welcome from N. W. Indiana

Wow Man...:rolling: Welcome!!! you'll fit right in...lotsa good guys here!!! :yes: Sweet Bird...Nice and somewhat unmolested!!! that's a beautiful thing!!! :grin:

Ha!! yeah it's "far out" alright!

turns a lot of heads... and I suspect they all bust out in hysterics shortly afterwards :grin:

I filled the tank this morning on the way to work, My fuel gauge actually came up just over 1/4 tank. It usually floats around far under empty. I've grounded the pickup tube on the sending unit to the hard fuel line that runs up to the engine as it would have been with the original grounding strap intact but I guess that didn't do the trick. I grounded the signal wire back at the tank and it did peg the needle to full so the gauge does function... scratchin my head on that fuel gauge issue.

oh well.

thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Dude! Nice Ride!

How old is the paint job? (artwork) If it's nostalgic (period correct) it might be worth saving. :)

Thank's for your service to our country! :unitedstates:

the mural work has an artists sig & a date that reads "76"

So I'm very surprised it wasn't painted red white & blue like everything else was in 76!! I remember because my first peddle bike was a "spirit of 76" schwinn :grin:

the mural work has an artists sig & a date that reads "76"

So I'm very surprised it wasn't painted red white & blue like everything else was in 76!! I remember because my first peddle bike was a "spirit of 76" schwinn :grin:

"1976" as you said in your opening intro :black_eye: (glasses, have to get glasses)

It seems like everyone was getting into the "Spirit of '76" back then :yes:

That air freshener looks like it might have been from '76 too.

Very nice car. Dig the paint. Welcome from IOWA.

I think this car came from iowa, or was at least painted there in 76

I have a meeting to run to but I'll explain when I get back.

There is a big cartoon roadrunner painted on the hood, next to it there are the words "hamilton autobody" then the signature "Vilio" and the date "76"

i searched hamilton autobody - vilio and I found that there is a Hamilton autobody in Titonka Iowa and there is another business called Vilio custom paint & design just up the road a bit from Titonka.

I'm assuming "Vilio" worked with or worked for Hamilton back in 76.

welcome.dig that paint job.i consider myself an old hippie also.

I filled the tank this morning on the way to work, My fuel gauge actually came up just over 1/4 tank. It usually floats around far under empty. I've grounded the pickup tube on the sending unit to the hard fuel line that runs up to the engine as it would have been with the original grounding strap intact but I guess that didn't do the trick. I grounded the signal wire back at the tank and it did peg the needle to full so the gauge does function... scratchin my head on that fuel gauge issue.

oh well.

thanks for the welcome![/QUOTE]
My guess is your float on your sending unit in the tank has a leak and is half full of gas, or half empty, depending on your outlook.:grin::grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back