• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New from NC Just Bought 69 Coronet RT

ready2go69

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
I am new to this site from NC and I just purchased a 69 Coronet RT. I have always bought/sold muscle cars but this is my first MOPAR. I have always been a Chevy guy but last week I went to a man's house to buy a piece of farm equipment and there under a shed I seen the RT. The car has been parked since 1978-79 and I knew I had to have it. I did not know what a 69 RT was. The guy said the # match. I will be asking lots of questions in the future and thanks in advance.
The car is a very rare color combo in my opion. The fender tag is in place but is very rusty. I am in the process of trying to get the # off of tag.
The car is a light green color with red interior and a red stripe.
The car has auto with console and N96 hood. Everthing seems to be there except radiator starter and distributor,but has a lot of rust in the back of the car.

Attachments

• IMG00228.jpg
    IMG00228.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 2,080
  • IMG00234.jpg
    IMG00234.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG00236.jpg
    IMG00236.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG00244.jpg
    IMG00244.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG00247.jpg
    IMG00247.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 627
I'm as new as you are but....Welcome. Looks like a cool project. Is this a super bee? I don't know enough about these to know the answer myself. My wife had one way back and loved it.

Very nice. I'm just finishing up the resto on my '69. Very hard to find most OEM/NOS parts for. You'll find that most parts on a '69 are a one year item. Very few '69 parts are reproduced. Start making a list what you're going to need, and keep your eyes peeled for them whenever/wherever they may come up! Good luck! And welcome to the site!

Nice find - and welcome to both of you. A Super Bee would be a variation of the Coronet and would have come standard with a 383. The Coronet RT came standard with a 440. The only other RT engine option was a Hemi.

I am in the process of trying to get the # off of tag.
The car is a light green color with red interior and a red stripe.

Welcome to the world of MOPARS.

Nice score with the R/T. A great way to get introduced to Mopar. The tag numbers will be helpful.... Heres a hint.... With an inspection mirror check under the front seat springs for signs of a buildsheet. If not there then remove the rear seat cushions and look there. Usually in the rear back rest. (They are sometimes found in locations such as taped to the top of the glove box, under the carpet, in the headliner or above the gas tank. But usually in the seat springs.) If you locate one be VERY CAREFUL in removing it and slide it into a clear sheet protector right away. Then make a copy of it. The build sheet, (broadcast sheet), is like the holy grail to your Mopar. It will tell the story of what and how you car was created. The green with red is very unusual indeed, perhaps a one off. The build sheet will verify that as well as build date, special order codes, and any and all equipment when built.

Keep us posted as to what you find... don't be afraid to ask questions.

Will

Last edited:
Nice find. Green and red would NOT be a recommended color combination. I'll be interested to see more. Let me know if I can help.

Great Score!

You must be living right, The Coronet R/t is a great car, know a guy here with a increably beautiful F6 green one that is a show stopper! best wishes on the project!

welcome aboard and great find on the 69/rt. our mo's are similar but i found the hemi motor first and went looking for the car, which is a 69 coronet. good luck and have a grin.:headbang:

Nice find, welcome to the site. Green and red would be very unusual, love to see some more pics, maybe some interior shots. Another tip would be to remove the fender tag and flip it over, some that are to rusty to read from the top are very readable from the bottom. N96! Yeah Man!

I'm as new as you are but....Welcome. Looks like a cool project. Is this a super bee? I don't know enough about these to know the answer myself. My wife had one way back and loved it.

This car is a RT, very close to the Super Bee. I have read on the internet the following information about production numbers (OLDRIDES.COM)
1.30,400 Coronet Deluxe's were built including Deluxe Station Wagons; 12,500 were 6-cylinders and 17,900 were V8's (totals are rounded off to the nearst 100).
2.27,800 Super Bees were built; ALL were V8's (totals are rounded off to the nearst 100).
3.105,900 Coronet 440 cars were built including Station Wagons; 4,700 were 6-cylinders and 101,200 were V8's (totals are rounded off to the nearst 100).
4.32,100 Coronet 500 cars were built including Station Wagons; ALL were V8's (totals are rounded off to the nearst 100).
5.7,200 Coronet R/T car were built; ALL were V8's (totals are rounded off to the nearst 100).

If this information is correct this RT should be a great prize to have. I am excited to think of the finished product.

welcome nice find!!

Great find! I love those 69' Corronets. Glad to see more Mopar folks from the Carolinas. Are you going to restore it yourself - or taking it somewhere?

Great find! I love those 69' Corronets. Glad to see more Mopar folks from the Carolinas. Are you going to restore it yourself - or taking it somewhere?

Not sure which way I will go. My wife thinks the 69 camaro I have should be enough. Not sure if I will fix it or sell it.

What color is the engine compartment?
It appears to be a light yellow (Y2) or cream (Y3)

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1969PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=1

And the red interior was not available with any green paint or the Y2 yellow but was available, but not recommended with the Y3 cream paint.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1969/69_Charger0003.jpg

And just for grins and giggles, peruse thru this and imagine sitting down at the dealership and ordering your car..............

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1969DealershipDataBook-04.shtml

Not sure which way I will go. My wife thinks the 69 camaro I have should be enough. Not sure if I will fix it or sell it.
keep the camaro and in fact install a 572….
restore the dodge and you will love it…….
sell the wife…..
Who let her out of the kitchen anyway?

What color is the engine compartment?
It appears to be a light yellow (Y2) or cream (Y3)

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1969PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=1

And the red interior was not available with any green paint or the Y2 yellow but was available, but not recommended with the Y3 cream paint.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1969/69_Charger0003.jpg

And just for grins and giggles, peruse thru this and imagine sitting down at the dealership and ordering your car..............

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1969DealershipDataBook-04.shtml

The color in the engine compartment matchs the color under the carpet and the entire car. It looks to me to be a very similar to light green. I believe the combo to be the orginal paint/interior.
I am in the process of getting all the fender information decoded by AG Back East. I did not want to remove this rust fender tag untill I was sure what I needed to do. I am also document with a camera all the information to email to them. The stripe is faded bad but you can tell it was red and the running light housing is red touching the stripe. I have added a picture that shows the color of the car close up. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00233.jpg
    IMG00233.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 462

Not true...... Chrysler would combine any combo of paint and interior a customer wanted if it meant losing a sale....

Auto Transport Service
Back