• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New from TEXAS!

txracer

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Love Mopars. I have been a member of FABO for a while. Well I finally took possession of a 1969 Road Runner. Sort of a barn find car. Last registered in 1977! Going to take some work to get it up and going!
Had a 69 4 speed ram air car in high school. Sure miss that car.
Also currently own a 72 340 Dart.

txracer

PB080001.jpg

PB080015.jpg

PB080024.jpg

PB080041.jpg

Welcome...are you going to HRP this weekend? The Lone Star Shootout is going on and there's supposed to be several Nostalgia Super Stockers there....cool bunch.

howdy partner nice project.

Hrp

Cranky
Can't go to HRP this weekend. Have to work saturday for a while. Might try to make the Spring car show Saturday night. Think it only has 2 more weekends then they shut it down for the holidays. Think they call it niftyfifty.

Yeah, I don't see many RR's with A/C. Welcome.

Tx, the Lone Star Shoot Out is usually a good event to go to. Swap meet, car show, the works. And cool beans on the Runner! Was it sold originally in Texas? A lot of guys didn't get the ac option because it was weight and added to the cost of the car and most didn't have the money to be buying in the first place lol. My 66 Belvedere had ac but when I swapped engines, the compressor never went back on it...plus I didn't use it much anyways. Funny how when you're young, the Texas heat really didn't bother ya lol. Plus, I worked construction and was out in it all day AND didn't even have ac in my house! Wouldn't even think of that now!

1969 Road Runner

car needs some work.
Does have alot going for it.
All Original.
Motor has been torn apart.383. But has not been touched till previous owner took it apart.
exhaust manifolds, exhaust pipes,air cleaner,intake,carb, distributor (points! LOL) All interior in original, Numbers match on motor, A/C, Glove box looks just about new! Door panel excellent! Even has the SIX way drivers seat.

probably has the original shocks! don't know how to check!

even noticed a factory tag on the front suspension that says "Do Not Grease!"

Bad is rust around the back window and one quarter panel. Trunk is not that bad but should probably be replaced.
Drivers door did't drain so the bottom rusted on the inside. Already located a replacement!

rr

sorry guys, forgot to answer trans ? it's a automatic

where about in Texas?
I'm from Houston. living in college station

( Fairfield) off 290 behind the outlet mall. My brother in law lives across the freeway from the speedway in College Station

Auto Transport Service
Back