• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New "garage" in the works

I've never had to consider poring concrete in subfreezing weather.
Any "tricks" to that?

I've never had to consider poring concrete in subfreezing weather.
Any "tricks" to that?

Ground will have to be thawed completely if it is frozen before the concrete is poured. Once the concrete is poured, it will have to be protected or insulated with concrete blankets so that it cures properly. Depending on how cold it is, concrete blankets may not be enough. If the temperature is down around 0, you may have to "tent" the concrete blankets and stick heaters under them to maintain the proper temperature for the concrete to cure to full strength.

Sources: Construction management degree and experience in the construction industry, haha.

Looks good so far RC

any new updates ?

I like the layout design too...

The demolition/prep work has been slow, but just this week, the framers (finally) showed up on Monday. Once the ground floor is done, the floor will be poured and then start in with framing upstairs and creating the dormers.
DSCF8395.JPG
DSCF8397.JPG

Looks great! None of us ever seem to have enough room, and my 3rd bay, although super nice, still suffers from lack of space. It looks like you will have a lot of space, and the 5" of concrete will allow for the addition of a 2 post lift if you choose to add one.

Approved!!! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back