• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy, but grew up Mopar

Swanny

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Some background here. I grew up in a Mopar family - had nothing but Dodge & Plymouth vehicles for the first 26 years of my life!
Recently went searching for a '66 Charger like the one I had in high school in the early 70's. Found this very nice specimen about 6 hours away with the same exterior and interior colors I had on that car. Only difference is the power train - I had a 383 2-bbl auto in high school, this is a 383 4-bbl 4-speed, which is much more desirable to me. The car went through a pretty complete restoration 4-6 years before I bought it.
Now the fun begins - the car is all manual - transmission, brakes, steering, no A/C. Although i might be deviating from total originality, I intend to upgrade brakes, steering and add A/C to make the car more fun to drive and survive in the Texas heat! Car also has typical issues with rotating headlights and dash panel that have to be addressed.
Looking forward to the ride. I know I'll be looking to FBBO members for valuable input.
Rear & passenger.jpg

Welcome to FBBO - Sweet Charger you have there Swanny. And you get free entry since you included a pic of your ride with your first Post.

And he posted a pic, WOW!.....Now that is a FBBO newbie we need....Knows we want car ****....

Btw welcome neighbor....Plano here and I have a few car peeps that live in Lucas....Sweet looking first gen charger and congrats!

Need any help hit me up anytime....

Welcome from NW CT. Car looks great!

Welcome to the site from another Texas victim :D

Welcome from Ohio, I was in Wichita Falls once for a week!

Cool 66 Charger project

welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Welcome aboard from NJ. That is one sweet lookin Charger! I used to have a 66 myself way back when! Dropped the panel open into the trunk and used it a few times to sleep in! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back