• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from San Diego

Badfella

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Hey there, this is Joe from San Diego. Working on my first 60's go-fast car (1964 Plymouth Fury with Belvedere trim and badges). It's got a built 383, full roller, Isky cam, dual quads, A833 4-Speed, lightened flywheel, underdriven crank pulley and 8.75 rear with 3.55's. It's crazy fast and I love it with all my heart! Been lurking around here and finally decided to join up. Thanks!

Attachments

• 00x0x_kTZtLCRBG8e_600x450.jpg
    00x0x_kTZtLCRBG8e_600x450.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 270
  • ply14.jpg
    ply14.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 00909_ak23Koseg1m_600x450.jpg
    00909_ak23Koseg1m_600x450.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 219
  • ply4.jpg
    ply4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 214
  • ply13.jpg
    ply13.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 189
Welcome neighbor! Cool ride!! Love the old school nascar engine call outs on the hood :)

hi and welcome to the site ,that's very nice thanks for sharing your car with us

welcome ...hows the weather :sad2: get the car out lately ...hate these Ca. guys :angry1:.... just kidding ..very nice car

Welcome Joe. Very cool and love the Offy crossram adapters.

Welcome aboard Badfella...
Nice car!
Thanks for joining the forum!

I'm "up north" a bit near Edwards AFB.
'm'

welcome from a NoCal 383 fan

welcome to FBBO... cool old 64 Plymouth cool/interesting intake & carb set-up, a bolt on cross-ram, on an in-line 2x4bbl intake, can you post some better close up photos of it, name brand & details etc.... maybe post them in the General Discussion forum here, I'm pretty sure it will be received very well...

Welcome to FBBO! I think there are a lot of us from the San Diego area here. Bring that bad boy to Barona this Saturday, the weather is supposed to be nice and cool, high 50s for a high, should make for some great air! We could do some friendly grudge racing: '67 Plymouth vs. '64 Plymouth.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome and positive feedback on my ride! Hey 67Satty, my car club (Lifters CC) throw a car show / drags every year in July called 'King of Clubs'. Wish I could make it this weekend but have a full plate lined up already.

I wish I could take credit for the way my car is setup but she came to me like you see her. She's only had 2 owners and me in the last 30 or so years as the story goes. The induction is Offy x-ram adapters on a factory dual quad intake. perfect holes have been cut in the hood and air cleaners poke through for true ram induction. Here's a link I found...

http://www.offyparts.com/product_in...d/133?osCsid=1134209fd580a355601a686c99fdcf0d

Hey thanks for the warm welcome and positive feedback on my ride! Hey 67Satty, my car club (Lifters CC) throw a car show / drags every year in July called 'King of Clubs'. Wish I could make it this weekend but have a full plate lined up already.

I wish I could take credit for the way my car is setup but she came to me like you see her. She's only had 2 owners and me in the last 30 or so years as the story goes. The induction is Offy x-ram adapters on a factory dual quad intake. perfect holes have been cut in the hood and air cleaners poke through for true ram induction. Here's a link I found...

http://www.offyparts.com/product_in...d/133?osCsid=1134209fd580a355601a686c99fdcf0d

thanks for the info, always good to know what's what...

View attachment 155491Thanks again for the warm welcome! I posted a thread in the restoration and general area regarding decoding my fender tag and so far no results. It was built in 1964 at the Los Angeles plant and seems like nobody has the L.A. codes. I've tried numerous googling and scoured the internet. Are they really that tough a nut to crack?

Welcome from the East Valley in AZ. Very nice old Mopar and glad you joined us.

Good to be here. There are A LOT of amazing cars in this place. My date is a little under dressed!

View attachment 155491Thanks again for the warm welcome! I posted a thread in the restoration and general area regarding decoding my fender tag and so far no results. It was built in 1964 at the Los Angeles plant and seems like nobody has the L.A. codes. I've tried numerous googling and scoured the internet. Are they really that tough a nut to crack?

try the fender tag & broadcast sheet decoder @ www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=58

- - - Updated - - -

or go to the MyMopar Tools/Reference section on the main page @ that site

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe try www.allpar.com

Auto Transport Service
Back