• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy here

Y’all are awesome. I appreciate all the info.

Anyone got any suggestions on hanging a third pedal in an originally automatic car?

go find a set of used oe pedals and they will bolt right in
they are not that hard to find
look in the ads here,put a wanted ad up. ebay ,ect..
then you have 2 choices for a 4 spd hump that you will need for that car
there is a bench seat and bucket seat versions.

Welcome aboard! You have some challenges ahead but are in the right place for info, inspiration and parts to make it happen. Making it into an autocross handler will be a fun transformation to watch! Keep us posted. :D

Just completed a 4-speed conversion on my ‘71 RR.Do your self a favor and shop at Brewers.You won’t have to buy things twice as I did.Most parts are ‘71-‘74 b body specific,and shift linkage buckets or bench.They will hook you up with the correct parts the first time. JMO.

Man y’all are all awesome!!!

I’m confused. Is it just me or is brewers website complicated as hell to navigate?

Also, I’ve acquired an AX15 this past weekend for $50 and a brake job from a buddy. I want to go through it and put bearings and synchros in it. I’ve found kits, but is there sick thing as a beefier kit for them?

Is it out of a Jeep? Is it made to bolt to a transfer case? That is one I have not seen used before.

Try Novak transmission. You can find a bunch of 4x4 sites that get into the AX15 but mostly only cover how to get lower gearing.

Last edited:
nstyle73, actually out of a Dakota, but yes, also run in jeeps like you said. I’ve read other place that it can be done and for that price, I couldn’t pass it up.

Thanks monclaire, I’ll go look them up

Let us know how you make out. No one has documented one of these swaps yet but I think there are a lot of Mofans who can benefit from it. Interested to hear what your final cost is as well.

I’ll do it. This is a budget build like most and I’m a weekend warrior due to the fact that I typically work 60-70 hrs during the week. But I’ll keep y’all up on it. I’m still trying to figure out why there is 1/2” of bondo on the top of my driver finder. Espically since the finder is in very good shape.

Another thing, anyone have any experience doing a sheet metal dash?

Auto Transport Service
Back