New Guy

ttomtt

Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Back in early 60s I had a 383 63 Sport Fury, Hearst 4sp. Someone had set it up for drag racing. I had a flat bottom with a 383 at the same time. 4 speed was not good for launching a boat.
45 years later I found another 63, total frame on restoration. I will be looking for advise along the way. Have also done 34 Hudson Terraplane and 32 Plymouth 2dr. sedan. Quasi rat rod.
Tom

parade fury.jpg

Dave6T4

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your project Fury. I loved those cars when they came out. I was a 16 year old gear head in 1963. My mom was going to buy a new car that year, and I tried so hard to get her to buy a new Plymouth. She ended up with a new Meteor instead, her fourth. Get to know Joe Suchy in Dalton, Georgia. He is Plymouth guy who has a business selling repro and used parts. Nice guy to deal with. Jim Kramer in Pa. also sells stuff for these cars. Classic Industries in L.A. has a good Mopar repro parts catalogue.

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Welcome from Alabama, another early B body. Great cars, join the fun.

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard from NJ. Wow, that's a beauty! Nice history lesson as well. Best of luck with it!
:thumbsup:

65Bel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to FBBO Tom! Nice '63 Fury you have and good to see you and her come aboard. I see your 383 plate ... 4-speed?

ttomtt

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your project Fury. I loved those cars when they came out. I was a 16 year old gear head in 1963. My mom was going to buy a new car that year, and I tried so hard to get her to buy a new Plymouth. She ended up with a new Meteor instead, her fourth. Get to know Joe Suchy in Dalton, Georgia. He is Plymouth guy who has a business selling repro and used parts. Nice guy to deal with. Jim Kramer in Pa. also sells stuff for these cars. Classic Industries in L.A. has a good Mopar repro parts catalogue.
Thanks, I already found Joe, great help.

YY1

Local time
Reaction score
Nice car.

I love that color.

Bonus points for pic in first post.

Dave6T4

Local time
Reaction score
I was not sure if your attached picture was your actual car, or picture of what you hope to achieve. Anyways, I absolutely love the '63/'64 Fury in that shade of Copper. Beautiful!

ttomtt

Local time
Reaction score
I was not sure if your attached picture was your actual car, or picture of what you hope to achieve. Anyways, I absolutely love the '63/'64 Fury in that shade of Copper. Beautiful!
Thanks, that is my actual car, finished except for a few details (brakes)

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten!

RemCharger

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome, awesome car!!

Now I'm going to be thinking about driving a 383 4spd boat all day. Thanks.