• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here with some questions!

InViolet70

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Hello, how do you all take care, clean, store your mopars? Do you use car covers? I do have a heated garage for winter. Attached picture is not my car, but identical. Thank you.

1970-plymouth-road-runner.jpg

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Inside a garage is an optimal start. A good quality car cover is a bonus.

I have my nicer one in a closed shop. My others are outside but this is California where it doesn’t snow and humidity isn’t an issue.
Car cover?
Pffft!
I probably should though.

I'm on the Gulf Coast of Texas where everything rusts....even the stuff inside the shop so lots of lube is used.....

I used to use a cover. But they get dirty too. Also the car has to be immaculate before you drape the cover on it. Now I don't use a cover and just blow them down with air before driving them.

Welcome from Alabama, mine are in a building, it's not heated or cooled, but is insulated. I don't use car covers as they tend to scratch quality paint jobs in my experience.

Welcome from New Zealand ...again. :lol:

I don't use covers....they give a false sense of security. Bangs and knocks go un-noticed if youre not careful. Much easier to wash and dry the car every time you use it for a special run. Sometimes I would just clean the front screen and go out in the car.

I can't wait to see your '70 FC7 ..... I sold mine five years ago now.

NZV8 reduced.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I just keep mine in a garage out of the weather, no car cover needed
a California duster every so often is planty

Welcome from Southern CA.
No Cover, in the garage, California duster before I drive it.
I also use Jescar Power Lock Plus Synthetic Polymer Sealant, gives a great shine and very durable.

Auto Transport Service
Back