• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New jack

pwDave

Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I stopped at a yard sale three days ago and found a floor jack pushed up under a bench in this old shop, asked the guy if it was for sale, he said it didn't work, it had a piece that was broken, it was the little u-joint at the end of the handle. I thought if he didn't want to much I could take a chance on it, I asked, he said two dollars if I would load it my self. wassled it up in the truck and brought it home. fixed the little u-joint with an old 3/8s drive u-joint that I hadn't used in ten years or better, got to wiping on it and found the tag, it was a 3000 lb Walker jack made in the USA. jacked it up and it seemed to work a little, so I let it down and checked the fluid, wow! no fluid that I could see, filled it up and tried again, went up fine, rolled it under the car and brought it up about 10" and left it for about an hour, did not bleed down any at all, so I guess I've got another good jack for a whole 8 dollars. Dave.

Auto Transport Service
Back