• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jersey Historic Plates

67 GTX

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have New Jersey QQ plates? How hard was the process to get them?

Also, does anyone have vintage NJ plates from the 60s? Is there a process to get them for your car?
New Jersey License Plate History Article

That article makes it seem like no, but I was wondering. I always liked having a vintage vs new plate on my car.

You can try this site.

New Jersey License Plates - Classic, New, and Custom - LICENSEPLATES.TV

Some states will allow display of antique plates as long as the official license plate that was issued by the state is either in the car or somehow displayed.

Check with your states laws.

Just my .02

DUH .... my mistake, you already had the web site.
for me - Read closer, act slower. Sorry

Last edited:
few pics showing its basically stock....... 1 time fee, maybe 44 bucks...... free renewals.......unless they changed it

Unfortunately in New Jersey you can't use old plates on your car meaning if you find a set of vintage plates. The QQ plate process is fairly easy you'll just have to check to see which DMVs are doing them. This can be found on the New Jersey website for motor vehicle. The key is you need side shots and front shots of the car and when I mean of the car the complete car from one end to the other would not even a fraction of the car can be missing or being cut off in the photo. I've been bitten the backside a couple of times when registering. As the poster above mentioned there's a one-time fee and renewals are free after that it's every I believe two or three years and they're just looking for insurance information.

James From
PST

When I got them back in the 90's the fastest way was to go directly to Trenton the main MVC connection.
One time fee and good only for the car you get them for, not transferable like regular plates unless they changed that rule.

Any Bicentential "stamped" NJ plates around still?
(Use to take front plate off, put "BICENTENTIAL" on so PD's could get their monthly ticket quota.)

Auto Transport Service
Back