• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new look, new motor for 66 satellite

kidmopar

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I just recently got a new paint scheme, and motor for my 66 Nostalga Super Stocker. I installed a 470ci stroker based on a 400 block with offset ground 440 crank, eagle rods, race tech pistons, edelbrock performer heads, flow ported and polished. It has a Lunati 600 roller cam, and Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers for a 640 lift total, 410 Dana 60, Cal-Tracs, Monoleaf springs, Rancho adjustable shocks, and 90/10 Calvert front shocks. It has a 727 tranny, with aluminum drums, Kevlar bands, Turbo-action valve body, a PTC 4500 stall converter, and has Hoosier 9x30 slicks. The car has ran a 1.44 60 ft and 6.90's on a 1/8 mi track. It weighs in at 3800 lbs. The exhaust is handled by a pair of Doug's ceramic coated headers. Now ... I am looking forward to hopefully a good racing season once I recover from my dang rotator cuff surgery.

Attachments

• new engine 03-14.jpg
    new engine 03-14.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 342
  • paint 2.jpg
    paint 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 373
  • new look 2.jpg
    new look 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 350
Looks good.

Had similar surgery 4 months ago..Still not great..Long recovery and rehab mate..Wish you luck, with the car and the shoulder.

You must have a narrow radiator planned for it with the overflow mounted in that location...

lol that was an early pic. the overflow is still there in that spot with a champion 26 inch 3 row radiator munted. ive already ran the car a few times before i had surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks 67 coronetman! i want my fiberglass bumper back too lol

Looks great, good luck, sounds like she runs well

Very nice looking car and combo ! That looks like the Mod Man intake as my brother runs that intake on his 64 Fury. Thats a nice 60 ft as my combo is close to yours thats in my 63 Sport Fury but I just use SS springs. I have run 6.80's in the 1/8 but my best 60 is a 1.50. I also run the same 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks and I even drive on the street with them and the car handles very good with them since I have a radial street tire up front. Good luck racing in that fine Mopar and post more pics of it if you dont mind. Ron

What's up Ron its mark from moparts how are you doing..

Very nice looking car and combo ! That looks like the Mod Man intake as my brother runs that intake on his 64 Fury. Thats a nice 60 ft as my combo is close to yours thats in my 63 Sport Fury but I just use SS springs. I have run 6.80's in the 1/8 but my best 60 is a 1.50. I also run the same 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks and I even drive on the street with them and the car handles very good with them since I have a radial street tire up front. Good luck racing in that fine Mopar and post more pics of it if you dont mind. Ron

- - - Updated - - -

I like the paint work Bobby sweet car i sure do miss those front rims.... LOL

What's up Ron its mark from moparts how are you doing..

- - - Updated - - -

I like the paint work Bobby sweet car i sure do miss those front rims.... LOL

Hey Mark I am doing ok but not so good tonight as my back acted up today and I have alot of pain meds in me right now to help but I am feeling pretty good. LoL ! How have you been ? Ron

hey ron! thanks! it is a mod man intake, i had it milled to use a bathtub valley pan i didnt like the one piece design, i also bought the mod man linkage from mancini racing and i use two 500 cfm thunder series edelbrocks, i drive mine to cruise ins too lol good to hear the hoosiers do good!how much does ur car weigh? ill get more pics up soon!

Kidmopar my 63 weighs just over 3700 with me in it. I like the 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks alot as the car handles great since I have radial street tires up front and they have plenty of room in the stock wheelwell and dont rub any. And they hook good for me at the track also. Here is a pic of my brothers eng with the Mod Man intake. Sorry about the pic being a little dark as my camera has been acting up some. Ron

408548015.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my brothers car. He had the tall scoop because he did have a tunnel ram on it. He just went back to the stock height scoop when he put the Mod Man intake on it. Ron

409495718.gif

- - - Updated - - -

And here is my car with the 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks on it. I have been driving on the street with them for over 4 years with no problems at all. Ron

407196594.jpg

hey ron thats great!! i like the 64 plymouths too!how fast is ur brothers car?and are u gonna put dual four bbls on urs at a later time to run with the nss guys or lol i bet ur having a blast as it is!!

My brothers 64 has been a 10 second car for about 20 years that he has owned it as a race car. He just built the strongest eng its ever had in it as its a 400 stroker (505) that has run 10.03 best so far in 3 outings. It probably would have dipped in the 9's last weekend as the air picked up in the race and his best et was 10.03 on the brakes trying not to run out. So we feel it will be a high 9 car after he gets it tuned in real good and in good air. I figure it will be a good low 10 car most of the time. His best et with the last eng was around a 10.18 on a very good day as that was a 499 eng. As for me I dont know when I will ever get around to putting two fours on it as I am living on disability because of my bad back and knees along with other joint problems so money is tight for me and I have to watch what I can spend. I really cant afford to race much as I only get to race about 2 or 3 times a year right now. But since its a street car I can throw $20 dollars of gas in it on the weekends and drive to the local cruise spots and have fun. I wish I could race more but to be honest a day at the track is very hard on me standing around alot of the day and thats another reason I cant race as much as I would like too. I hope to drive my 63 to Carlisle in July and put it in the showfield as I enjoy checking out all the cool Mopars at Carlisle and its easy to get a parking spot with your car in the showfield and its alot of fun.. Thanks for the kind words as I appreciate it and take care. I am glad my computer is working right now and letting me get on the B-body site as I enjoy talking with everyone here. Ron

Thanks for the kind words as I appreciate it and take care. I am glad my computer is working right now and letting me get on the B-body site as I enjoy talking with everyone here. Ron

glad to have you back too

Auto Transport Service
Back