• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New lower quarter 74 roadrunner

Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed new lower quarter panels on a 74 roadrunner?
I am looking for tips or things to watch out for, to help make this go easer. Any information would be great

Just did on my 73

IMG_20131108_183430_570.jpgIMG_20131108_190211_546.jpgIMG_20131108_195441_794.jpgIMG_20131110_115042_903.jpgIMG_20131116_150119_663.jpg

took a full weekend for one side, the driver side was already repaired but i did do some work to make it look nice

put the new panel up to the car and traced it, then took a grinder with a cut off wheel and cut inside of the line. Hung the new panel using these http://www.eastwood.com/intergrip-panel-clamps-set-of-4.html

tack welded, then just made tack after tack (no bead welds) on the whole panel. grinded down using a cut off wheel since its more precise then used a flapper wheel to smooth everything out.

Used body filler anything that wasnt even and sanded down

Thanks how long did this take did you do both sides

- - - Updated - - -

:eusa_wall:also make sure your trunks empty so nothing catches fire :eusa_wall:

We are in the process of doing my 74 right now. Have the right side installed. Only thing we did that was not described in above posts was we used a crimping tool on cut edge to put a step in metal so new panel would sit more flush . Punched holes in new panel and welded through holes to new panel. Used a weld through primer between panels . replacement quarter RR.jpg
Should start on other side this week hopefully. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back