• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Magnum 500 wheels buying experience

I'm so glad I don't have to worry/remember about LH lugs on my current ride. Getting too old to remember such. Thankfully, all these are RH. :)

Whose Magnums do Classic Industries sell, WV or Specialty?

okay guys either I'm not paying attention or THIS is a funny. Here I am at least 2 weeks into waiting for my tires and wheels. SO, I start second guessing myself and I go out and pop off the wheel covers to check and MAKE SURE they are left hand threads. I would be really embarrassed if I was demanding two sets and it didn't need them.

HOWEVER I thought for sure the left hand thread was on the left side of the car and right on right side???? I checked tonight and the lefts are on the right side and rights on the left side. Did I over look this small detail? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love some mag 500 I know I do. :headbang:

absolutely a beautiful car! I just told my wife I've owned countless classics always trying to step up to MOPAR. I FINALLY get my 68, which a 68 RR was what did me in as an 11 year old and I've been hooked forever. I go out now and admire my prize and realize ITS A BIG CAR! how in the world did the big hoss' become the beloved muscle car of the 60's and 70's?????? I look at your car and told her " she's wide in the hips but she's purdy in the face" ....... only a southern boy would understand

Thought I would share my experience with buying a new set of wheels and tires if anybody else is interested. Decided I wanted to change the look of my RR a bit, and wanted to try some Magnum 500's and BFG's. I quickly found out that there are only 2 companies making these wheels. Wheel Vintiques and Specialty Wheel. I did a lot of research on the web between the 2 and overwhelmingly read a bunch of complaints/negative reviews about the poor quality and service from Wheel Vintiques. The WV's are sold at Summit and Jegs. The Specialty Wheels are sold directly from SW, which was recently bought out by Coker Tire. After pricing out 4 wheels, 4 tires, 4 center caps, and 20 lug nuts, and shipping - Summit was the cheapest. I was seriously thinking about going that route even though the WV have so many bad reviews. Then I happened upon a thread over on Dodgecharger.com where a guy said Coker/Specialty gives a discount to members of that site on tire/wheel combos. I contacted them for a quote and was pleasantly surprised with the pricing. Got the Specialty's for about $15. more than Summit wanted for the Wheel Vintiques. But in addition to that, they also mounted, balanced(with a lug adapter instead of a center cone), and filled with nitrogen. So after all that, it turned out to be quite a bit cheaper for the better wheels. Another surprise was that the new shoes were at my door 3 days after I ordered, TN to WI. So if anyone is looking for a set of tires & wheels, it sure wouldn't hurt to give Eric @ Coker a call for pricing 800-251-6336 ext. 251. I did notice that 'Dodge Charger Forum' is in the PO box on the invoice, so be sure to mention that.

View attachment 266739View attachment 266740

Looks great! Love to see a pic from the rear!!!

Back in the 60's the B body cars weren't considered Big cars. A 60' Desoto is a big car, 68 Chrysler wagon, etc. 1960 Olds? That was a beast. Back then There were far more C body cars sold than B bodies,300k plus 69' Furys alone. Families were bigger, and could afford only one car. The dart was considered Dinky. From 68' thru 95' My driver was a C body Dodge or Chrysler. They were cheap, and could haul a bunch of people. The only B Body that sort of worked was my 69' Sport Satellite Nine passenger wagon. That was a nice car.(1977-78) Then Kids, and the Chrysler new Yorker was the car of the time.
I have to admit though, as time goes by, the B Bodies look big, until I pull out the 67' New Yorker(Whale sized!)When my Buddy painted my Polara, he swore the car was in two time Zones! Damn Ford Guys. Gotta love them, a good body man is hard to find.Lol

[QUOTEGet that car out in the sun and take some pic's, the car and us deserve it.....[/QUOTE]

IMG_20150822_111013918.jpgIMG_20150822_111034232_HDR.jpgIMG_20150822_111046982_HDR.jpgIMG_20150822_111117957_HDR.jpgIMG_20150822_111148903.jpgIMG_20150822_111202329.jpg

IMG_20150822_111013918.jpg IMG_20150822_111034232_HDR.jpg IMG_20150822_111046982_HDR.jpg IMG_20150822_111117957_HDR.jpg IMG_20150822_111148903.jpg IMG_20150822_111202329.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Think im going to do the same size tires on my Bee.

The million dollar question still remains........ Did you light those new skins up yet?????!!!!

The million dollar question still remains........ Did you light those new skins up yet?????!!!!

As a matter of fact, I did. Had to get them broken in, right?

Back in the 60's the B body cars weren't considered Big cars. A 60' Desoto is a big car, 68 Chrysler wagon, etc. 1960 Olds? That was a beast. Back then There were far more C body cars sold than B bodies,300k plus 69' Furys alone. Families were bigger, and could afford only one car. The dart was considered Dinky. From 68' thru 95' My driver was a C body Dodge or Chrysler. They were cheap, and could haul a bunch of people. The only B Body that sort of worked was my 69' Sport Satellite Nine passenger wagon. That was a nice car.(1977-78) Then Kids, and the Chrysler new Yorker was the car of the time.
I have to admit though, as time goes by, the B Bodies look big, until I pull out the 67' New Yorker(Whale sized!)When my Buddy painted my Polara, he swore the car was in two time Zones! Damn Ford Guys. Gotta love them, a good body man is hard to find.Lol

ahhh the New Yorker...makes any bbody feel good about themselves...

SO i didnt go Magnum!!!

View attachment 274271

Just checked out their combos. 4 magnums, 4 BFG's, 20 lug nuts and 4 valve stems:
$1,130. But SHIPPING-$620!!! It cost $620 to ship 4 tires and rims to Calif.!!?

Last edited:
hunt2elk, I just got off o0f the phone with Eric. I ordered the same tires and wheels for my '69 Satellite. Eric is great to deal with and my wheels/tires will be on their way. Many Thanks for the heads up on this.

hunt2elk, I just got off o0f the phone with Eric. I ordered the same tires and wheels for my '69 Satellite. Eric is great to deal with and my wheels/tires will be on their way. Many Thanks for the heads up on this.

Cool. Post up a pic when you get them installed.

This is a really old thread, but my cart comes up to $1890 with the magnum 500 bulls eye caps and lug nuts included. I'll be curious to see if they can get me down close to $1500 with the mounting and all. If so count me in!

Auto Transport Service
Back