• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member - 1966 Belvedere II Wagon

OK, this is interesting...

My research indicates that ALL 1967 B body wagons got a pass side door mirror.

Looks like that might not be the case for 66.
Yes indeed... that is correct. I'm finding that there are many subtle and a few not so subtle changes between the 66' and 67' Belvedere's... apparently, they are both one year cars and sourcing parts for the 66' has so far proven to be challenging. I'm currently searching for a gauge cluster and found one in a 67' and it looked like it was the same... but slightly different and won't fit. Some other differences I've discovered between both years are the Front bumper, Grill, fenders, steering wheel...and as you stated the side mirrors. I'm sure there are plenty more that will crop up by the time I'm through with this endeavor. :)

Gauge cluster should fit.

IIRC the only difference is the Plymouth emblem, or lack thereof.

67 has it ever so slightly better because a few repro parts are made because of the GTX.

1967 changed to collapseable steering column, which is larger diameter than '66, so dash and chrome trim around column hole is different. Also went to standard 4-way flashers. Little known fact is that Coronet and Belvedere wagons shared the shorter Plymouth wheelbase. Might have had something to do with not having to make longer roof stamping for typically longer Coronet.

Welcome from Alabama, it's getting to be wagon country around here.

Gauge cluster should fit.

IIRC the only difference is the Plymouth emblem, or lack thereof.

67 has it ever so slightly better because a few repro parts are made because of the GTX.

Another thing Plymouth did that Dodge didn't was make the AC controls for the cluster a modular insert.

It kind of feels wonky as the plastic c an flex pretty bad, but it saved them from having to tool two different clusters. like the Coronet.

1967 changed to collapseable steering column, which is larger diameter than '66, so dash and chrome trim around column hole is different. Also went to standard 4-way flashers. Little known fact is that Coronet and Belvedere wagons shared the shorter Plymouth wheelbase. Might have had something to do with not having to make longer roof stamping for typically longer Coronet.

I thought we all agreed that the one inch "difference" in advertised wheelbase (because it was a status issue in the 60's to have a longer wheelbase), was in the front spring hanger.

The floor panels for both cars are the same, wagon, sedan, HT. All the same both Dodge and Plymouth...as are the frame rail sections.

Interesting info in this thread!! I’m waiting for delivery of a 66 at this very moment!! Nice Wagon!!

Are there pics somewhere?

I think it would be cool to take a wagon like this car,and make a sedan delivery out of it. I would weld the rear doors up on the back edges where they meet the rear quarter panels, remove the glass from the rear doors and quarters. Then I would aquire a pair of doors from a 67 or 67 two door post car. Using the b pillar from the post car,or the wagon, which ever works best, and move it back to the two door
cars location,then cut the rear doors to the proper length. Then panel the sides where the rear door and quarter glass used to be. I think that would make a cool parts chaser. I like to build one off Mopars,it's what I do! Lol

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

I like the idea of phantom station wagons. I have posted pictures of my one-of-none 1967 Coronet R/T 3-seat wagon on this forum before. I have been working on my 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop lately. From this, I envision a phantom 1964 Dodge Polara 4-door hardtop station wagon. Plymouth made a high level Fury wagon (not a hardtop, though), but Dodge never offered a high line Polara wagon. This would be a fairly easy to accomplish, because the door/window openings are identical between sedan and wagon. A person would need a set of 4-door hardtop doors and glass. The wagon B-pillar would need to be removed, and replaced with the short 4-door hardtop stub pillar. Polara trim could be used from a sedan. The rear quarter trim pieces would need to be shortened to fit the wagon's shorter rear fenders ( Dodge wagons shared Plymouth's shorter W.B.). I have wanted to do this, but too much sand has run through my hourglass to attempt it now.

OK, this is interesting...

My research indicates that ALL 1967 B body wagons got a pass side door mirror.

Looks like that might not be the case for 66.
I must have an odd ball 67 Wagon, there is not a passenger side mirror on mine ,,,

I must have an odd ball 67 Wagon, there is not a passenger side mirror on mine ,,,

Question #1 is-

Are you sure the door is original to the car?

Question #1 is-

Are you sure the door is original to the car?
Very good question? I had thought of that after i posted a response. As many owners this wagon has been through, very good chance the door is not original.

Very good question? I had thought of that after i posted a response. As many owners this wagon has been through, very good chance the door is not original.
Look inside the door for paint color, if same as car, original. Even after a re paint there will be tale tale signs of original paint unless it was dipped.

Look inside the door for paint color, if same as car, original. Even after a re paint there will be tale tale signs of original paint unless it was dipped.

...or was from the same color car.

I've had 3 different sets of "project car plus parts car" that were the exact same color.

Auto Transport Service
Back