• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member 67 Belvedere II in process of restoring - Charlotte, NC.

Shade tree. Take a flash light and coat hanger lift the float up and have some one watch and see if gas gauge reacts.

c-3826-jpg.jpg

Sorry I was going from memory 10-74 ohms.

Another question for a 67 belvedere. Does anyone know what the ohm range is supposed to be on the fuel sending unit? I have a new fuel pump, new gauge, new float/sending unit and the gas gauge only goes up to half a tank. All the electrical just got replaced too, 100% of it. So, I am wondering if it is the sending unit in the tank, maybe the incorrect ohm range. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome from NY.
A simple thing you can try is loosen the nuts on the gauge clean the connections with a wire brush and re-assemble.

Ok, we got it figured out, the fuel gauge was faulty, not totally bad and the guys at the resto shop said was a way to calibrate it and everything seems to now be working. Thankfully I had another gauge cluster and along with a new float sensore it seems to be working fine now. I had no idea they could be calibrated, it looked like a small gear with teeth

Auto Transport Service
Back