• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from Germany

Thank you. I lived in Bad Aibling bei Rosenheim '77-'84, and Pirmasens '85-'88 and '90-'92...
Bad Aibling is in the south at the other end of Germany. The landscape with the mountains is great.
What was the reason for the stay, work?
Back in the 1970's I drove to Giessen a couple of times a week for fuel. From Fulda. Used to live in downtown Frankfurt.
Wow the world is a village.
I can still remember the US Army in Giessen. A colleague always brought something from the PX shops. That was the highlight, article that nobody here knew.

Bad Aibling is in the south at the other end of Germany. The landscape with the mountains is great.
What was the reason for the stay, work?

Wow the world is a village.
I can still remember the US Army in Giessen. A colleague always brought something from the PX shops. That was the highlight, article that nobody here knew.
American stuff was popular with the locals then. There was a lot of trading going on for Marlboros and Jim Beam...lol.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. That is a good looking Road Runner you have there. The interior and exterior colour are really nice. The Tremec transmission explains the shifter in the centre of the floor hump, instead of to the drivers side.

@69bird More pictures at your request.

14464207_6.jpg 14464207_8.jpg 14464207_9.jpg 14464207_10.jpg 14464207_15.jpg 14464207_19.jpg

Welcome from Michigan and a native born German from Idar-Oberstein. Very nice RR you have:thumbsup:

Thank you that car is sure beautiful I'm jealous

Welcome to FBBO, Best on the net, Lots of great people on here !!
Very Nice Road Runner !!

Welcome from Alabama, unlike so many, you have the ability to post great pictures of a great car. That's a great looking RR, and a stroked 383 and a 5-speed is over the top.

Willkommen. I've had to opportunity to travel to Frankfurt when visiting my family in Offenburg, near Baden Baden. Great city.
Beautiful Road Runner.

Welcome from Alabama, unlike so many, you have the ability to post great pictures of a great car. That's a great looking RR, and a stroked 383 and a 5-speed is over the top.
Many Thanks. It wasn't easy to find a car that was perfect for me. The car is cherished.

Willkommen. I've had to opportunity to travel to Frankfurt when visiting my family in Offenburg, near Baden Baden. Great city.
Beautiful Road Runner.
I am amazed how many have already been in the area.

Auto Transport Service
Back