• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Oregon (Or-E-gun)

68XGotIt

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I’m a new member and the original owner of a 68 GTX 440 4 speed. I have recently started to restore it. I’m not real good with this internet and forum stuff but I’m learning. I’m a retired mechanic, welder-fabricator And somewhat jack of all trades. But not a body man or upholster guy. Although I’m trying. Car is Mist Green with Olive green stripes. It’s been run hard and put away wet. Lol. I was a young muscle car era kinda guy .A cop that new me “well” asked if he could drive it. Next thing I new he had a 69 GTX convertible. I will send pictures when I get a chance. I will also be searching for info before long. Oh! And I bought a 68 Sport Satellite for parts a few years ago. Then realized it was in too good a shape for parts. So now I have 2 B bodies!! Same color. The work will be going pretty slow! And I might be slow getting back here.

Welcome from New Zealand.

Any pics you'd like to share? We live for photos.

Welcome again from New Zealand. (Nooo Zeeland) :lol:

Ant hill 1.jpg

Hi Everyone. I’m a new member and the original owner of a 68 GTX 440 4 speed. I have recently started to restore it. I’m not real good with this internet and forum stuff but I’m learning. I’m a retired mechanic, welder-fabricator And somewhat jack of all trades. But not a body man or upholster guy. Although I’m trying. Car is Mist Green with Olive green stripes. It’s been run hard and put away wet. Lol. I was a young muscle car era kinda guy .A cop that new me “well” asked if he could drive it. Next thing I new he had a 69 GTX convertible. I will send pictures when I get a chance. I will also be searching for info before long. Oh! And I bought a 68 Sport Satellite for parts a few years ago. Then realized it was in too good a shape for parts. So now I have 2 B bodies!! Same color. The work will be going pretty slow! And I might be slow getting back here.
Welcome from NJ!
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4325.png
IMG_4322.png
IMG_4317.png
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4265.jpeg
IMG_4261.jpeg
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif

Original owner?
I don’t hear that often AT ALL.
This I gotta see. Hopefully you can upload some pics of your ‘68 for us soon. Have the grandkids help you do that!
And greetings sir!
Welcome to FBBO from NY!

Welcome aboard from the deep South. :thumbsup: You're in a great place here with lotsa folks with great knowledge to share. Best of luck in your restoration efforts. We have all learned best advice of the day is to plan way ahead and order your parts early. What use to take weeks to get has now turned in to months, if at all available. Im the second owner of a Frost Blue 68 GTX project car myself and my parts are still trickling in. Cheers

A great B-Body with a great history! Welcome from another 'old-timer' who will be watching this thread in hopes of seeing some GTX and Sport Sat photos soon.

Welcome! I have a ‘70 ‘Cuda and a ‘70 Charger.., but my favorite Mopar is the ‘68 Plymouth B body. I currently have 3, and had two others. Great cars!

Welcome from another Jack of all trades south of you on the central coast of the PRC.

IMG_3554.jpeg

68 GTX my favorite year

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Alabama, would be great to see your GTX.

Hi again from Oregon. Due to popular demand I’m trying to send some pictures. Sorry for the quality.
The cars are not in a good photo situation. The Sat is in a hidden storage area. The hood just needs adjusted. The X engine bay is all that has new paint. And waiting for heads on short block. The undercarriage is pretty much done except both cars(all 4 Quarter panels) have the typical cracks on top at the doors. After studying threads I have decided I need to add subframe connectors to the unibody frame. I will be doing that before any panel adjusting or painting I’m doing the carpet right now and not having fun forming it over the 4 spd hump. It is OER Authorized molded loop from Classic. It will be nice if I ever get it done!lol. For Outlaw 525 I recently was at a 2 day and 2 band get together at a really really nice place atop a high ridge about in the middle of the triangle between Sisters,Terrebonne,and Redmond. I played a little guitar with some guys also. A lot of fun!! And Belvedere 408 I’m in Spfld quite often. Been seeing a B body about 14th and Main. On July 4, 1969 myself and two others took the X to San Francisco to see Haight-Ashbury lol Then to Santa Cruz and Carmel because I was there in 66 when at Fort Ord. “Cruised the Gut” at Santa Cruz. One guy got a ticket on the way home. Time to try photos. I have lots of GTX stories

Auto Transport Service
Back