• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TX67RT

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello - Just joined. I'm in the Ft. Worth, Texas area, and am eager to get some projects kicked off on my 1967 R/T. I purchased the car in 1982 from the original owner; a true "garage find", and have kept it completely original. It's a low-mileage, original paint car that wears a unique color combination. I showed it extensively in the 80's and 90's, and even had a 2-page spread in Muscle Car Review magazine in 1990. After getting married and raising a family, the car was used less and less. Although I never considered getting rid of it, I had it in storage for years. Moving to a new home six years ago, I now have a large shop building to keep my toys. Work has been getting in the way the past few years, but I am determined this year to get her back on the road. The kids are now in high school, and love cars. So, this is the opportunity to have some shop time with the kids, and get the R/T back on the road. My plans include rebuilding the dead brake system (from sitting so long), and perform a top-end refresh of the original 440. As with all my projects, a healthy dose of cleaning/detailing will be accomplished at the same time. I will probably drop the entire K-frame/driveline assembly out of the car for ease of access and to ensure a thorough job.

I'm hoping to pick up some tips from the members here. I haven't been able to find any 1967-specific restoration information on the internet. But, since my car is all-original (not restored), I should be able to determine what was correct during disassembly. I'm hoping to retain as many of the original finishes as possible and simply clean/detail/replace what is required. Since the paint is original, I'll just be polishing out the lower areas of the engine compartment that I haven't been able to reach with her all together. Fortunuately, I own an original service manual, and an original parts book from back in the day. I've always tried to collect the literature for this car over the years.

Thanks in advance for all the help I'm sure I'll receive with my upcoming projects. I'll also try to photo-document everything I do as I progress with the projects. I know there aren't too many of these original cars left out there, so I'll try to record what I find, and keep things as I found them when I reassemble.

Cheers!

JD

JD welcome to FBBO from NorCal, sounds like a fun old 67 R/T project

hi and welcome to this site ,sounds like a very ride , but :worthless_thread: you will find out that there are a lot of old guys here and we love car **** so lets get it posted up , you will find a lot of the guys with a ride very much like yours and they will be able to help you out when needed so kick back and enjoy !

hi and welcome to this site ,sounds like a very ride , but :worthless_thread: you will find out that there are a lot of old guys here and we love car **** so lets get it posted up , you will find a lot of the guys with a ride very much like yours and they will be able to help you out when needed so kick back and enjoy !

Thanks for the welcome guys. As for photos, I posted up two when I joined. Click the link on the left in my information box.

Cheers!

JD

Welcome to the site and please understand we do appreciate our Car ****. Hope you don't mind

vbpgimage.php

Welcome, sound like a beauty not many survivors like that left.
Need pics!

Thanks for the compliments! There are a few things that need to be corrected, especially under the hood. So many more correct parts are available now than when I last worked on her in the 90's. I need to replace things like the washer bottle, hoses, battery cables, etc. with newly minted correct replacements, now that they're availble. Luckily, it's all easy stuff to update. All the important stuff like the valve covers, air cleaner, engine accessories, brackets, etc. are the ones she was born with in St. Louis.

JD

Nice car from Weatherford Tx. Mopar support is hard to find in this part of the country. FBBO really helps.

Thanks for your compliment! We're not too far apart; I'm just across Eagle Mountain Lake from Azle. I haven't messed with the car at all in the six years that I've lived here, but I get the impression that you're right. I haven't seen too many Mopars running around. I did see an orange Super Bird driving near my house a couple of years ago, but don't know where it's from. From your username, it looks like you have a 74 Charger. I had a 73 as my first car; would love to have another one.

Cheers,

JD

Welcome, I am in North Fort Worth. Let me know if you need anything. Lots of Mopar cars and people in the area.
Nice car.

Thanks; I appreciate the offer. I'm sure I'll be needing something at some point.

JD

Auto Transport Service
Back