• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new members cheapo 65 belvedere

Hosehead

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, Cory the new guy here. Thanks for the advice already given to me. Some of you have asked to see the car I bought last week. So here goes, the 900.00 belvedere. I do love me some california sheet metal......
Here it is sitting(for 15 plus years) behind a gutted house in Thousand Oaks. and when it was delivered.

Attachments

• download-3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 526
  • download.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 550
welcome to the site nice score :headbang:

in the driveway. And check out the floors on this thing. Pretty sweet even by Kalifornia standards.....

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 517
  • download-2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 533
amazingly clean trunk floor and perhaps my favorite piece....the factory reverb unit!:headbang:

Attachments

• download-6.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 518
  • download-5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 518
Welcome Cory--you'll get a lot of help and good advice here (if you want it). Great find--you typically don't see these without floor rot; this one looks SOLID!

Welcome, thats a real nice find. very solid,my car came out of south Ga. and the floor is no where near as nice as yours. Good Luck!

Cool car Corey. What are your plans for it? I recently acquired a 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop. Goin in with a fairly warm stock stroke 383.

Hey Corey, that Baby looks rock solid to me. A great start for a perfect car.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. The floors on this car are amazing. These pictures don't even do them justice. Like new. As for my plans for the car.......I am going to install carpet, a headliner, a 440 and DRIVE it for now. I am waiting for my barracuda to get home from the body shop after 4 years, so I want to enjoy this one ASAP. I've been really tired of not being able to drive anything besides a pickup for all this time. I'll probably just try to make it a nice, fast street car eventually. Also, if any of you guys know anything about the factory radio reverb units, let me know. My car has one under the package tray and I think I'm gonna keep it. Mine is missing the switch on the dash and I'd like to see a picture of what the switch looks like. Thanks guys!

Paint could use a little buffing. LOL. Seriously, I wish the floors in my 64 Bel looked that good. A great find. Hope you enjoy working on 'er, and keep the pics coming.:headbang:

Nice find, Cory! Welcome to the site!

First, welcome to the group and I feel you will be in good company here with us all. This website is the best and has a wealth of information from so many people. I have a 65 Coronet Sedan that is being totally restored. Have a look at my photobucket file for your viewing pleasure.

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/rgoss_10/Project%20A990%201965%20Dodge%20Coronet%20WO51%20Hemi/?albumview=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

In any case, that is one beautiful car that you have and what a great find you have....!!!! That 65 will be one nice ride when you finish it. Post some pictures of the restoration and keep us informed. I always love watching peoples projects here.....!!!!

Hey guys, Cory the new guy here. Thanks for the advice already given to me. Some of you have asked to see the car I bought last week. So here goes, the 900.00 belvedere. I do love me some california sheet metal......
Here it is sitting(for 15 plus years) behind a gutted house in Thousand Oaks. and when it was delivered.

Welcome to the FBBO site Cory.Bought a reverb unit at Carlisle in July but also missing the dash switch and wireing to left kickpanel.

Welcome to the FBBO site Cory.Bought a reverb unit at Carlisle in July but also missing the dash switch and wireing to left kickpanel.

Yeah, I was thinking the switch is gonna be the elusive part. I think I'll just throw it on a shelf in the garage until I find one.

Hosehead, great buy! Was it with or without a motor/trans? I bought my gold/white Belvedere II last year but have done very little to it. We did get the original 273 running (barely) after being in a barn for 24 years.

View attachment 07 23 11_0004.jpg

I'm thinking of letting it go though because I just bought a 69 Roadrunner, and already have a 56 Chevy 210 project that needs to go also. Best of luck with your new toy!

Auto Transport Service
Back