• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New old guy from Washington State

Which would make it likely it came from a '57 or early '58. I'll check out the specs on the Sport Fury and see what carbs it came with. Mine's running two Edelbrock 500 cfm's. Thanks for the input @Dave6T4 !
1957 - 1958 was when car manufacturers were transitioning away from Carter WCFB to the new AFB. I would imagine that this intake originally came with AFB's, if Edelbrock's bolt on. The WCFB had a smaller bolt pattern that likely called for a different intake than yours. This would explain later 18xxxxx casting number ( 1 = 1950's , 8 = approximate model year of use ). The top of the intake casting was likely factory modified to mount new AFB.
I had a 1962 Chrysler 300H 2x4 set-up on a 426 Street Wedge in my '64 Polara 500. The factory AFB carbs were in 450- 500 cfm. range and worked pretty well. They didn't feel as crisp as a single big 4 barrel, but was nice eye candy. It never failed to draw people in when the hood was open.

45.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back