• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New old guy from Washington State

SlingLow

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for Talladega to get going and decided it was time to sign up and begin participating in your awesome forum. I'm not much for social media stuff except for a long-running membership in a Polaris Slingshot forum. It seems that car and bike guys have a natural bond and friendly demeanors. I'll do my best to fit in but for the most part I just smart off and entertain myself.

I listed myself as self-unemployed but I'm mostly retired from real estate investing and developing. I still have a few rentals hence the mostly. I've bought 5 old classics in the past couple years, the last two being Mopars. First came a 65 Dodge Coronet 440 with a 318 poly with dual carbs, 727 auto with floor shifter and manual valve body, rear end locker and a white bucket seat interior that I believe came from a 66 or 67 Satellite. Then I bought a 66 Plymouth VIP but I haven't spent much time on that forum yet. All of my old cars are like me, complete and running with a few quirks and some creaks and groans. No show cars here - I paid less than $15k for each of them. I like to say that cars are like children - you can love more than one!

Here's the Coronet the day it followed me home.

20220906_151646.jpg

20220907_094352.jpg
20220907_144444.jpg

20220907_144529.jpg

Gentlemen, start your engines!!!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

nice Coronet

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Now, does anyone have any insight on those dual quads? I've been wondering if they could have been a factory option on that car and engine. Unfortunately I didn't get any history when I bought the car.

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. I like the Keystones. Been considering a set for my GTX, but have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. I like the Keystones. Been considering a set for my GTX, but have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Thanks @1969VAGTX . They were a bit rusty and I thought I'd replace them, but they cleaned up pretty well. I do need to find a center cap or center cap label for one of them.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Now, does anyone have any insight on those dual quads? I've been wondering if they could have been a factory option on that car and engine. Unfortunately I didn't get any history when I bought the car.
They were available on 1957-1959 Plymouth Sport Fury. 318 was rated at 290 h.p. with them.

They were available on 1957-1959 Plymouth Sport Fury. 318 was rated at 290 h.p. with them.

Thanks @Dave6T4 . There's numbers on the manifold that might tell me something if I knew how to research them. The block is dated 8.7.64. I'm not real versed on the numbers gig and my computer skills are limited..

There should be a 7 digit part number on it. It might start with "16" or "17".

I would translate "G" as seventh month; therefore casting date could be July 19, 1957.

Which would make it likely it came from a '57 or early '58. I'll check out the specs on the Sport Fury and see what carbs it came with. Mine's running two Edelbrock 500 cfm's. Thanks for the input @Dave6T4 !

You'll fit in fine around here, love your Coronet!
istockphoto-517611164-612x612.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back