• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New owner of 1978 Monaco A38/E86

Thunderdan

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello B-Body Family,

New member here from San Antonio and just recently acquired a '78 Monaco Patrol car- a model I've been looking for for years. Original 440, 727, 9.25 diff complete with oil/PS coolers, HD suspension, brakes, and all of the goodies. Been off the road and uncovered for 18 years so definitely a project to keep me busy and likely leaning on the vast archives here and the fantastic mopar family to get this roadworthy and enjoyable soon. This is my first classic mopar, but definitely not my first classic car project.

Hope there's still love out there for the last of the B-bodies among all of the better known earlier examples I've seen among y'all's posts for the years I've been lurking the site!

EDIT: Some basic pics added. Sharp-eyed viewers will notice a quadrajet has found a home where the thermoquad once was so there will be some backyard "refixing' going on sooner than later. The 15x7 wheels gave way to 6" ones at some point so if anyone in central Texas has a lead on 4 matching 15x7's that would be great (6-hole or standard are fine)

three quarter view left front before.JPG three quarter view right front before.JPG engine bay front.jpg speedo.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, post some pictures of your project and join the fun.

Welcome from NY.
I suggest you work on getting some pictures of it shown here...
I had a 77 fury with a 360, 727 and a 9.25" rear.
A great vehicle

Welcome from Illinois! Nice find. Like to see what you're starting off with and how it gets along.

Welcome, and we INSIST you slap some pix on here ! I love seeing good examples of era-correct cop cars, I never got a close look at them while they were chasing me back in the day.

Welcome from Georgia.

I/we like those cars.

Greetings from Upstate New York. I remember what the back seat used to look like in these cars. One problem was you couldn't open the back doors from the inside. The driver had to let you out.

Likes me a cop car.

Welcome aboard from NJ. I hope you start "patrolling" in short order! Best of luck!
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back