• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New owner of 1978 Monaco A38/E86

newwelcome.jpg

Yes, we simply must insist:
:xscuseless:

Hello B-Body Family,

New member here from San Antonio and just recently acquired a '78 Monaco Patrol car- a model I've been looking for for years. Original 440, 727, 9.25 diff complete with oil/PS coolers, HD suspension, brakes, and all of the goodies. Been off the road and uncovered for 18 years so definitely a project to keep me busy and likely leaning on the vast archives here and the fantastic mopar family to get this roadworthy and enjoyable soon. This is my first classic mopar, but definitely not my first classic car project.

Hope there's still love out there for the last of the B-bodies among all of the better known earlier examples I've seen among y'all's posts for the years I've been lurking the site!

three quarter view left front before.JPG three quarter view right front before.JPG engine bay front.jpg engine bay right.JPG speedo.JPG

Cool! Thanks for the pics! It don't look too bad. The only 'issue' that jumps out at me is the Quadrajet being on there instead of the original Thermoquad. For how grungy the carb is, the swap must've been done a long time ago.

(the only Mopars I'm aware of that came with a Q-jet were the later M-bodies).

:thumbsup:

Do you have engine AND transmission oil coolers?
Did they also come with differential oil coolers?
Didn't get underneath of it to tell if it has differential cooler, however I was not aware they were/could be equipped with one.

Yes, auxiliary engine oil, PS, and transmission coolers are intact.

Cool! Thanks for the pics! It don't look too bad. The only 'issue' that jumps out at me is the Quadrajet being on there instead of the original Thermoquad. For how grungy the carb is, the swap must've been done a long time ago.

(the only Mopars I'm aware of that came with a Q-jet were the later M-bodies).

:thumbsup:
Yeah, lol. Plus it's sandwiched on two really thick cork carb-to-intake gaskets so there's definititely opportunity there to right some wrongs. When the lean burns go bad (which is often), the thermoquad looked less ideal than the quadrajet apparently. On a search now for a replacement thermoquad now.......so.....any leads there? =)

My friends dad , the sheriff , had a silver one , really came to life when my dad took the lean burn off for him

Didn't get underneath of it to tell if it has differential cooler, however I was not aware they were/could be equipped with one.

I dont know if they did. I'm just curious. :)

Yes, auxiliary engine oil, PS, and transmission coolers are intact.

Wow this car is really nicely equipped! :)

Welcome from Utah - hey I have a 4 door '78 Monaco too, just a civi 318 though. Great find! Love it!!

Auto Transport Service
Back