• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New PST Re-Indexed B and E Bodies Torsion Bars

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have be been getting messages here and there from guys on the site. In the later part of last year PST decide to re-engineer our B & E body torsion bars. We worked with a well known Mopar Guru to re- index the bars 20 degree from the position that we previous had which was flat-flat.PST new torsion bars are now in from manufacturer that we use in the USA and are ready for sale. They are same 1.03" bars but with the new re-indexing to eliminated the issue that some customers claimed with ride height being to low. We are very excited about it. If you do place and order please ask for the NEW RE-INDEXED Torsion bars.

Please don't be afraid to ask any or all questions

Thanks
James

Any help on shipping rates? I sent back my previosly purchased 1.03 bars & exchanged them for .096 bars because of the index problems. I havent installed them yet. I wasnt aware at the time of exchangin them that the issue was being resolved about the ride height.

Send me a PM with your shipping info and a phone number. I will pull your order and see what I can do you on my end. (no guarantees but I will try)

Thanks
James

x2 on that, Just ordered a set got them, noticed that they were indexed differently, had no clue that there was a problem with them at time of order or that it was being fixed..

would be nice to exchange

Mike

Mike,

Are you running a big block or a small block in your car ? I asked this because we have sold hundreds of these bars with only a handful of customers claiming a ride height issue and of those issues they were all with big block cars. But with about half of those customers it was a clocking issue upon installation and we were able to work with them. The main reason that we did the redesign was that it was time to re-order from the forge and it was the perfect time to make the change and allow for more clocking/ride height adjustment.

If you would like to exchange them you can, but they would have to be mailed to us for exchange before we send out a replacement.

Thanks
James

Mike,

Are you running a big block or a small block in your car ? I asked this because we have sold hundreds of these bars with only a handful of customers claiming a ride height issue and of those issues they were all with big block cars. But with about half of those customers it was a clocking issue upon installation and we were able to work with them. The main reason that we did the redesign was that it was time to re-order from the forge and it was the perfect time to make the change and allow for more clocking/ride height adjustment.

If you would like to exchange them you can, but they would have to be mailed to us for exchange before we send out a replacement.

Thanks
James

appreciate the response. It is a small block. They have not been installed yet, I will decide and if so, give you guys a call.

Thanks
Mike

Thanks for the reply earlier. On second thought I think I will go ahead & use the .096 bars that I exchanged earlier. Although I paid about $75 more during the exchange because there was a price difference in the 2 sets. I just dont want to just keep sending stuff back & forth cause it may cause confussion. Maybe there is not much differance in the 2 sizes as far as the ride comfort is concerned.

Hi, how do I go about taking advantage of your 10% off on the website?

Hey Guys,

I have be been getting messages here and there from guys on the site. In the later part of last year PST decide to re-engineer our B & E body torsion bars. We worked with a well known Mopar Guru to re- index the bars 20 degree from the position that we previous had which was flat-flat.PST new torsion bars are now in from manufacturer that we use in the USA and are ready for sale. They are same 1.03" bars but with the new re-indexing to eliminated the issue that some customers claimed with ride height being to low. We are very excited about it. If you do place and order please ask for the NEW RE-INDEXED Torsion bars.

Thanks
James

I'm looking at purchasing a set of torsion bars for my Coronet soon. I like the look of the 1.03 bars and the fact that they will make the car lower than stock. How much lower will it make my car? Is it necessary to purchase the 2 inch drop spindles with these bars to make the car lower? If not what spindle package would you recommend to use with the Wilwood power disc brake conversion? I currently have manual drum brakes front and rear, originally a 318 car now has 440/727 etc. Also how many brake pumps will I get out of the electric vacuum pump kit you guys sell? With my cam setup I have low manifold vacuum. So far my shopping cart is looking pretty hefty, and I have just read your posts about rebuilding the stock lower control arms... lol

Hi, how do I go about taking advantage of your 10% off on the website?

If you look in the vendors section I think James spelled it out in a post there, an early one.

From memory it's pretty simple .. something like put some comments in the comment box of the order form ........ "I am a member of FBBO and would like my 10% off discount .. my username on FBBO is Andyw".

That way they can validate your membership

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Guys,

Thanks
James

Curious James, could someone use the previous indexing to intentionally result in a correct lower ride height w/o over adjusting them on purpose instead of getting dropped spindles?

If so maybe you should advertise both depending on desired ride height.

I know you can adjust the T bars to lower the ride on any car but have read it's not advisable because it puts undue stress on them etc.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of torsion bars for my Coronet soon. I like the look of the 1.03 bars and the fact that they will make the car lower than stock. How much lower will it make my car? Is it necessary to purchase the 2 inch drop spindles with these bars to make the car lower? If not what spindle package would you recommend to use with the Wilwood power disc brake conversion? I currently have manual drum brakes front and rear, originally a 318 car now has 440/727 etc. Also how many brake pumps will I get out of the electric vacuum pump kit you guys sell? With my cam setup I have low manifold vacuum. So far my shopping cart is looking pretty hefty, and I have just read your posts about rebuilding the stock lower control arms... lol

The bars that we currently offer will get you to near stock ride height and in most case allow up to about 1.5-2" lower. So it is not necessary to purchase the drop spindle. But from a geometry stand point of the front suspension it is best to use drop spindles to lower a car. How much of a drop do you want ? As for the vacuum pump that we supply it is covered by our standard lifetime limited warranty for as long as you own the vehicle. I will tell you that this unit is from SSBC and we have had a good long standing relationship with them. If you have any other question please ask away.

Thanks
James

- - - Updated - - -

If you look in the vendors section I think James spelled it out in a post there, an early one.

From memory it's pretty simple .. something like put some comments in the comment box of the order form ........ "I am a member of FBBO and would like my 10% off discount .. my username on FBBO is Andyw".

That way they can validate your membership

- - - Updated - - -

Curious James, could someone use the previous indexing to intentionally result in a correct lower ride height w/o over adjusting them on purpose instead of getting dropped spindles?

If so maybe you should advertise both depending on desired ride height.

I know you can adjust the T bars to lower the ride on any car but have read it's not advisable because it puts undue stress on them etc.

You can attain a lower ride height with the previous bar. The main reason that we did do a re-index is because people wanted to attain near stock height even though we had it noted that the bars would lower the car. At the time the customers in questions that had issue were customers with big blocks none with small blocks. At this time we do not have any left of our zero index bars we ended up selling the rest of that stock on ebay and have intentions of reproduce because the PR issues that they had resulted in online. We listened to the masses and did the re-index to 20 degrees offset.

Thanks
James

Auto Transport Service
Back