• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Race Team support toy

Rusty

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Just scored this 65 D500 for my collection - looks like it will be a fun transporter! 65 D500.jpg

That is a cool old rig

Working the history now

Damn that's cool!!! We recently picked up a '67? L600 cab over that we plan on building into a rig similar to Tommy Ivo's transporter but with bigger living quarters. Sounds like we should meet in Pomona in a year or two.

Nice row rig
A little tough to drive around in the mountain passes
But that really dope.

That beast is cool. Is it hemi powered or just hemi written on the fender? Please post some more pictures.
I keep looking at some 60-70's cab over fire engines thinking about converting one to a rollback. You can find some with very low miles and in great condition for a few grand. Just don't have the room for another project.
Wayne

Here are some more photo's - FYI I had to post her for sale today in San Diego's Craigslist

Attachments

• Trans 1.jpg
    Trans 1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Trans 2.jpg
    Trans 2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Trans 3.jpg
    Trans 3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 217
A post listed states it's for sale What's up with that?

Yup - decided to resort my Superbird that I have had for 15 years - her paint just isn't the quality I like

- - - Updated - - -

The Bird in 2001

Attachments

• Superbird Cover.jpg
    Superbird Cover.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 202
That's just like Don Prudhomme! Very cool.

That's just like Don Prudhomme! Very cool.

kinda like the Snake & Mongoose Haulers but different years & not 4dr crew cab.... it's still very cool none the less... the Snake & Mongoose trucks/haulers & the Snake 70 'cuda FC & Mongoose 70 Duster FC's used for the movie, will be sold at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale this winter...

Attachments

• 70 Cuda FC Don Prudomme Snake HOT WHEELS #4a car & Haulers Snake & Mongoose Movie.jpg
    70 Cuda FC Don Prudomme Snake HOT WHEELS #4a car & Haulers Snake & Mongoose Movie.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 70 Cuda FC Don Prudomme Snake HOT WHEELS #4b car & Haulers Snake & Mongoose Movie.jpg
    70 Cuda FC Don Prudomme Snake HOT WHEELS #4b car & Haulers Snake & Mongoose Movie.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 156
Ok - trades possible, 68-70 Charger or mopar convertibles of same value. May trade up.

I see you used all the photos I posted in your advert....LOL...

by the way it's the same type of bed "not" the same type of truck, share allot of chassis components, but there's a big differences between the 65 C-500's Poly 318ci tractor cab/chassis & the 68-70 BB/RB 383-413-440 D-500 Crew cabs, commercial rigs, used by the Snake & Mongoose or other Dodge & Plymouth race teams in those photos of those latter years... semantics I know, but people will call you out on them in your advert. probably... kind of apples & oranges

I still like the rig, just not an accurate description... my $0.02 cents

Auto Transport Service
Back