• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New roll around tool chest

goose69

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Ok, so this is simply a sharing post for me because I'm pretty stoked about the deal I scored on this new top and bottom tool chest. I went into Sears the other day and while walking past the tool chests I saw this one with some sale signs on it. I was perplexed being the prices didn't make much sense and if they actually did I was going home with a new box. I asked a sales clerk to explain the signs and he said the box set was originally about $1,600 but it was getting discontinued so the pair was marked down to $500. WHAT??? I said I'll take them NOW!!!! These things are over 40" long and have some nice ball bearing drawers too.
After purchasing the boxes I went home and got my truck. Upon returning to the store I saw some items that were on sale, like these gear wrench sets. Originally $100 marked down to $60. I grabbed them along with some other items and headed for the counter. When I got there I dug out my receipt for the box to show purchase so I could pick it up and within the receipts was some other papers resembling sears receipts but they were in fact coupons. One of them was for another 20% off any tool purchase. I asked if I could use them on the sale items and the sales clerk said no problem. Well hot damn!! My day kept getting better. Now I just bought my tools at 60% off.
Ok, so that's my rant for the night. I just had to share my good fortune. So keep your eyes peeled, you never know what might pop up!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, the wife got this Mac and I can't figure out the simplest things, like how to rotate that stupid pic of the tool boxes! AAHHHHH.

Attachments

• 20131115_170748.jpg
    20131115_170748.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 491
  • 20131117_152642.jpg
    20131117_152642.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 432
Sweet score, I'm jealous!!

Way to be in the right place at the right time.

Nice box Goose!
Thanks, I'll tell the wife......I'm sure she'll know what we're referring to. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I've got the same setup, however I have the side cabinet and 2 40" wide single drawer middle chests. I don't recommend 2 middle chests unless you're 6' 10" like me or you won't be able to see in the top drawers.

http://www.searsoutlet.com/6-Drawer...d=8277&mode=buyUsedOnly&itemSelectionType=all

http://www.searsoutlet.com/40-inch-...d=8277&mode=buyUsedOnly&itemSelectionType=all

That would be a sweet set up with the extra drawers. I've got a solution.....remove the casters and then I could see in the top drawers!!!
I would like to someday get a side box though. Until now I'll keep using my KNACK box for the extra tools.

Auto Transport Service
Back