• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New SSP owner

71mach351

Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
A few months back I posted that I may be able to buy a 1971 Satellite Sebring. The deal is done. The car was originally owned by my neighbor. I’ve had my eye on it since 1977 when I moved across the street from her. I tried for years to get her to sell it. She eventually gave it to her mechanic about 5 years ago. I bought it from his family after he passed.

Now for the car specs. Original paint, 30500 miles, 318, auto, Sebring Plus with console I have the original sales documents from October 1970. Original window sticker and build sheet from behind the back seat.
I wish it was still 100% original but the mechanic added a 4 barrel dominator carb, chrome valve covers and air cleaner. He also installed an aftermarket front power disk brake kit and aluminum magnum 500 wheels. I have all the original parts.

Super excited. More pics to follow.

8F0B86FA-538E-4295-B8DA-E6C43EDEB632.jpeg

92A15D21-3ABE-40F1-A2FF-7F2837980522.jpeg

AB39C15B-7896-45B4-9BF5-AF090912954B.jpeg

Very neat you got it home after all these years.
I have always enjoyed the 71-72 era cars.
That one is a survivor for sure!
IMHO..I would be glad a 4 barrel was added!

Welcome: Great looking car, patience to get that one.

Nice.

Not terrible upgrades.

I was pretty happy the second owner of my 73 converted the AC to 134, installed an aluminized dual exhaust system and added 15" Keystones and aftermarket sway bars.

Things I may have done myself, but didn't have to.

Congrats on that score! Looks in amazing condition. I’m a fan of the color!

Welcome! Very nice car! Persistence pays off!

Clean looking car

good luck

welcome to FBBO

Very nice.

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

A few months back I posted that I may be able to buy a 1971 Satellite Sebring. The deal is done. The car was originally owned by my neighbor. I’ve had my eye on it since 1977 when I moved across the street from her. I tried for years to get her to sell it. She eventually gave it to her mechanic about 5 years ago. I bought it from his family after he passed.

Now for the car specs. Original paint, 30500 miles, 318, auto, Sebring Plus with console I have the original sales documents from October 1970. Original window sticker and build sheet from behind the back seat.
I wish it was still 100% original but the mechanic added a 4 barrel dominator carb, chrome valve covers and air cleaner. He also installed an aftermarket front power disk brake kit and aluminum magnum 500 wheels. I have all the original parts.

Super excited. More pics to follow.

View attachment 1668749

View attachment 1668750

View attachment 1668751
Perfect time of year to acquire this car. Drive it!

Again, welcome to FBBO!

Welcome from Alabama, I too like the 71-72 Plymouth. It's survivor status makes it great.

Auto Transport Service
Back