• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New tank filler neck gasket problems

You went through the same thing I did, as I posted earlier. Repro parts that are wrong just plain suck!

I'm wondering if it might be useful for a "These Repro Parts Don't fit" section on the board? I know that's a hassle to post but that tank gasket was just silly.

I'm wondering if it might be useful for a "These Repro Parts Don't fit" section on the board? I know that's a hassle to post but that tank gasket was just silly.
I have posted that link to my experience several times on this forum because of other people having the same problems.

Oh boy, I do feel your pain. I’m 57 and I have had my 71 since 79. I bought a new tank, tube, straps, and etc. well I F#€Ked with it for two hours. Looked at every thread I could find, finally I put the heat gun on low, lubed the tube with Dawn dish detergent and pushed and pushed till it just slid down into the rubber seal like it was ment to. That seems to be the way it works. Good luck guys just don’t give up.

CBF048A0-9BD6-4FF8-AFC2-DF0FA548BD69.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back