• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New tires for new 69 Charger

Mheiron

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
I bought this T5 69 Charger last week. It’s definitely in driver type condition. Looks like one cheap repaint years ago.

Best news is no obvious rust or collision damage.

I spent the weekend going over it in detail. Overall I would call it a survivor.

The tires are dated 1997 so they need replaced.

I was considering one of these tires from Coker (They are OMG $$$$)

Any opinions regarding what would look best?

4A3E80D2-EF5D-4CE5-AB21-28EF05927955.jpeg
D8B09FED-8B2C-4249-881D-3A8A120E7365.png

Wow, I bought a set of those Polyglas radials for my 70 Challenger convertible in spring of 2020 and off the top my head I think I paid around $1300 for the set from Rusty Small who has or at least had the best prices on Kelsey repro GoodYear tires.
inflation…
I like them a lot even though the tread is different than originally and the incorrect sidewall tread transition. But I like to drive the car and bias ply is a pain driving on area rutted roadways, so driveability was a ok trade off for not looking perfect.
I don‘t think polyglas was ever original equipment in 1969 on Mopars, and Firestone was not ever OE on muscle Mopars then, so that leaves the redlines as the choice.

I was thinking those redlines looked the best as well. Thanks for the input!

I bought my redline radials from Diamondback

No complaints

Crazy....the high performance 18" tires on my car are cheaper than those.

677 R.JPG

I like these Cooper tires. Put them on this spring. Reasonable price , deep treads good handling.

IMG_7646.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back