• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to me 72 Charger SE with some issues

Welcome to the site, thank you for joining, and great looking car. A factory service manual will be very helpful for you working out the bugs. A factory parts manual is also a great item to have. It’s loaded with pics and is a wealth of information. I have one (72)for sale here currently if you are interested, here is the link.:thumbsup: Also, replace that bloated and leaking line and clamp and see what happens.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1972-parts-catalog.176941/

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, thank you for joining, and great looking car. A factory service manual will be very helpful for you working out the bugs. A factory parts manual is also a great item to have. It’s loaded with pics and is a wealth of information. I have one (72)for sale here currently if you are interested, here is the link.:thumbsup: Also, replace that bloated and leaking line and clamp and see what happens.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1972-parts-catalog.176941/

Thanks, car actually came with the service manual. Yeah just swapped out the rubber hose. The tube on the sending unit actually slides in and out. So I think that is the issue. Trying some metal epoxy to see if that helps.

473332773.png

Thanks, car actually came with the service manual. Yeah just swapped out the rubber hose. The tube on the sending unit actually slides in and out. So I think that is the issue. Trying some metal epoxy to see if that helps.

View attachment 815504
Please just buy a new sending unit. They are cheaper than a burning car.
Love seeing SEs

Please just buy a new sending unit. They are cheaper than a burning car.
Love seeing SEs

Already did as the metal epoxy just chipped off. So once I remove this sending unit I will try to repair the original and keep as a spare.

Hey so I have replaced the sending unit, rubber gasket, rubber hose and clamp. The tank is still leaking.

Looks like it is leaking from the bottom of the sending unit/gasket. Could it be the actual locking ring on the tank itself?

Auto Transport Service
Back