• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the 62-65 b bodies ! harder to buy than a 71 cuda ?

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys , some of you guys know me on fabo , i recently felt in love with the 62 models ( dart/savoy ) it grew on me..just like that , after 22 years of being in the hobby , i was looking for some cheap projects on the net and oh boy they are super expensive ! I bought and unfortunately sold my dream car 2 years ago ( 71 bs23 cuda ) and bought back my old duster and a ratty 68 fury 3 , I would maybe one day buy a 62 b bodie or even a 63-65 , to of course make a nice max wedge clone , but is it me or they are extremely hard to find ? I Wasnt expecting these things to be that rare and that expensive , i tought 80% of the mopar gear heads hated them :)

A 71 Cuda is popular, so the flippers are buying them up quick.

1962's are the red headed stepchild. Not a quick seller. If you find a car you like contact the seller and get a conversation going and learn about it.

Asking price is not the selling price in most cases.

I've been doing 62-65 B cars for awhile. Like anything else in this hobby, yes they are getting more expensive and few and far between. Even the 4 door cars. Keep searching and asking around something will come up.
I found my last few on Craig's List and Facebook Market place.

I have a '62 Plymouth Savoy Suburban in the "Mopars for Sale" forum.

Hi Guys , some of you guys know me on fabo , i recently felt in love with the 62 models ( dart/savoy ) it grew on me..just like that , after 22 years of being in the hobby , i was looking for some cheap projects on the net and oh boy they are super expensive ! I bought and unfortunately sold my dream car 2 years ago ( 71 bs23 cuda ) and bought back my old duster and a ratty 68 fury 3 , I would maybe one day buy a 62 b bodie or even a 63-65 , to of course make a nice max wedge clone , but is it me or they are extremely hard to find ? I Wasnt expecting these things to be that rare and that expensive , i tought 80% of the mopar gear heads hated them :)
It's a love/hate thing. I now have 4 62's. I had 3 62 Darts I scrapped last year, Polara 500, Dart 440 Wagon, and A Polara 500 Convertible, last one was really parts only. I for months couldn't give them away. Almost makes me cry.
Oh Well, keep looking.

91011.gif

Make sure to find one that is complete, and hopefully solid structually. Finding panels, and parts is tough for these, and anything other than Desert cars, these will need repairs in All of "those" places...

My buddy has a '62 Savoy crew cab for sale. Runs/drives. 361/3 on the tree. Almost rust free. $4k.

I know what you mean, I recently purchased a 63 not running and am having a hard time locating a steel hood & hinges close to me. I think I have a line on the hinges from a guy up in Mich. I thought I saw a 63 Dodge project on here. Good luck !

ALSO....check the floor pans! Only (2) people supply them. Joe Suchy & Kramer Automotive. I had to get on a damn waiting list and the front floor pan cost me around $1,100 with shipping. The rears were not available but might be by now.

62 floor1.jpg

62 floor2.jpg

62 floorpan.jpg

62 new floor pan center under.jpg

I appreciate it , i was just very surprised thst some rust buckets were around 8-9k usd , and very nice ones around 40k even a 62 with a 426 hemi restomod is like 46k (something fishy ) , i was just very surprised that the 62s were that expensive , i found that they have the nicest and badass look , especialy dressed as factory super stock cars.

Purchased a 62” last August, desert car no rust…currently under reconstructive surgery. SWEET cars! Good luck with your hunt!

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

They pop up now and then. Look for West Coast cars or dry climate areas. Found this one that's originally from Oregon. I'm still enjoying it!
20180930_212742.png

Auto Transport Service
Back