• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the Website

JJordan1173

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Hello All. New here. Although I have been lurking around for the past couple months. Figured it was about time I joined and introduced myself.

I have had my 64' Fury for about 4 months. It's a 4 door, Inline 6-225 engine. The car came down from Ohio to New Orleans on an open carrier through that terrible snowstorm in the northeast this past year. (Damn that carrier broker!) It was COVERED in snow and salt. After it was backed off the trailer I took it to a car wash and pressure washed the hell out of it. A few weeks later I put it up on some jacks and took a wire brush and some ACF 50 and tried cleaning as much of it as possible. The car, based on the photos was rust free when it was in Ohio, hard to TRULY tell tough. So far so good. Only surface rust underneath no pitting. Any tips on that subject would be appreciated.

Since then I have taken out the trash modern radio the last owner put in the glove box, and hooked up the Original AM/FM MOPAR that was still in the dash. It's a 3 on the tree and the first day I had it I jammed the linkage, but me and the car have worked it out since. ;)

I have put in a new rear package tray, new front dashpad, front end armrests, changed the oil, installed a new oil pressure sending unit (Old one was leaking), fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs.

I am 38 and this is my first MOPAR. I am doing all the work myself and love it. In the past I have owned classic motorcycles, but I am in love with working on this MOPAR and restoring it.

I do have an electrical question. When I engage the right turn signal, both front signals blink. Left turn signal works as intended front and back. Rear signals are good both ways. Any ideas? I bought the service manual with the electrical wiring diagrams. When I have time I will dig in.

Thanks and looking forward to joining the community.

34468015-1964-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

34468016-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468022-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468023-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468024-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468029-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468061-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468074-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468087-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

34468094-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That is a nice '64 Fury sedan you have. 4-doors don't get enough respect. I am working on my 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop. It was built in Canada, so it has the same dash as yours.

Welcome from the central coast of Cali. Signal issues most likely a ground issue causing back feeding. Clean the ones you can find. Also on the cast light housings, the inner steel shell for the bulb will stop grounding through the housing over time. Quick fix would be to somehow add a ground to the steel shell and hook it to a cleaned, no paint/rust spot on the body. Typical old car issues. Plan on updates there in the future.

Welcome to FBBO from NY!
That's a solid looking '64 you're working on and from the sounds of it she's in good hands with the right attitude.
Keep at it! Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from New Zealand.

What a beauty. Thanks for the photos. We look forward to seeing more pics as your journey progresses.

Welcome to FBBO, sharp looking 4 dr Fury

Welcome from Illinois!! That's a very cool car! Looks to be in great shape and still has its originality. Sounds like it has found a good home with you!

Welcome from Alabama, from a time when the 4 doors looked as good as the 2 doors.

Auto Transport Service
Back