• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Turn Signal Switch OER MD2085 hazard switch doesn't fit 1970 Column

shanker

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Installing a new turn signal switch and im not trying to beat down a replacement part so much as I'm looking for solutions that other's have come up with. The Hazard Switch stalk does not fit the column in my 1970 Coronet R/T ( Console/Auto) Obviously I'm not going to grind open the hole in the column collar, but hoping someone has some pictures of what they did for fitment.

HazardSwitchComp01.jpg

HazardSwitchComp02.jpg

HazardSwitchComp03.jpg

Wrong switch, can you swap the original one?
What’s wrong with your original?

Last edited:
one of the tabs on the turn signal arm broke off of my original, otherwise there is nothing else wrong with it.

Is there not a replacement switch for a 1970 B-Body on the market?

I kind of remember going through this years ago on my 70 Duster. I believe the 70 switch is a one year only thing and an exact replica is not available. The switch itself works, but the plastic on the hazard knob is to thick. Instead of filing anything, I bought a NOS on ebay and it fit perfectly.

Used to drink a lot of MD2020 when I was a teenager. Ha.

Is there not a replacement switch for a 1970 B-Body on the market?
No… just NOS and used, if you get luck. Trimming the hazzard knob on the 71 and lates replacements is the only way to go.

if is skills are enough, maybe replace the hazzard knob could be the next solution.

another problem is some models got the hazzard function ON being pushed in instead being pulled out, and all lates are just pull out.

earlier 71s got also the 70 style.

the hazzard knob/stalk changed because the ign switch courtesy light also changed on 71 to be able to be serviced without pull out the steering wheel, like 70s require.

Last edited:
The cancelling cam can be serviced thought. Replacements are available. That’s the part I understand got damaged when you say ”one of the tabs on the turn signal arm broke off”

Contact Tommy White and see if he has a solution.

Partshound.net

Auto Transport Service
Back