• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Worst Car Show

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and defend the show (just for the sake of discussion - don't worry I don't take ANYTHING I see on TV too serious).

1) the cars are actually pretty fast. It doesn't take much YouTube searching to find the same people featured on the show because they've been splashing their stuff on YouTube for years now. That's probably how the got a deal to do a show. Some of the stuff featured is in the high 4 to low 5 second in the 1/8 mile range and that can be verified by all the YouTube videos showing unedited runs at the track with a shot of the ET at the end.

2) These same high 4/low 5 second cars are also all over recent YouTube videos street racing in some pretty sketchy/dangerous looking situations/roads. The show can probably be considered like a re-enactment of what they are really into on the YouTube videos.

3) Most of the principles are on the yellow bullet forum. The swear up and down everything filmed they are doing is real but that they have no control over how the producers edit it together, for example juxtaposing stock shots of police cars with sirens blaring with the real footage to build phony-baloney drama.

Like the guys in the 10 second ET @ 125mph "Farm Truck" is all over the internet, has been for years now too....

Shame old Brown Sugar Barracuda isn't around to set'em Scared straight :D

[video=youtube_share;3-nVFSrHijM]http://youtu.be/3-nVFSrHijM[/video]

That sucks, to see that beautiful car hit the wall...

Auto Transport Service
Back