• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Worst Car Show

Bruzilla

Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
I used to rate Graveyard Carz as the worst car show ever (apologies to fans of the show), but after last night it's not even in the running for the title. I was watching the new season of Fast & Loud on Discovery, and after the season premier there was the premier of this show called Street Outlaws. Wow...

It's a show about the dark underground world of street racing in the street racing Mecca of the world... Oklahoma City, OK. That's right... Oklahoma City, OK. Who knew that this was the street racing capital of the world, or that the fastest street cars in the country (a point repeated about a dozen times in the first ten minutes of the show) are located in Oklahoma City, OK? I couldn't help but think of Ron White's old bit about being told that Cincinnati is the chili capital of the world, and he says "I don't even think you'all told the Mexican boys you were having a contest, because a Mexican boy would come up here with a goat and an onion and kick your ***!" The first thing I learned when I was starting into street racing was to always assume you weren't the fastest... I guess these doofs never learned that lesson. :) I also guess they don't realize there's a lot more to this country than Oklahoma City because I suspect there are lots of cars that are faster than theirs.

Then came the introduction of the guys and their rides... think of it as Fast & Furious meets The Andy Griffith Show. They're a bunch or losers (one guy says he makes his wife work double shifts so he has enough money to mod out his car... you can guess what a catch she is, and another brags how he worries more about winning races than paying his rent) and their rides look nice but their HP claims are off the charts. They're talking about some pretty moderate mods, but claiming over 1,000hp at the wheels, which is a joke for most of these guys. It looks like most of them are running N02 to get most of their horsepower increases ala the import racing guys, but as the more experienced amongst us know... N02 makes your car fast only until you run out of N02, which is usually pretty early in the evening.

Then they showed these two guys racing out in an industrial area during the day, and then they go and hide in a garage because they're worried someone heard their tire squeeling and called the cops. Anyone know of an industrial park area where someone would call the cops because they heard tires squeeling? Or where the cops would rush a unit out to investigate said call? But there were these idiots hiding in this garage with the requisite footage of a police car slowly cruising by, and the guys are saying how they can't get caught, one because he's already got enough violations that he'll lose his license for a year and the other moron claiming his license has already been suspended. I'm guessing after ruckus caused by their moonshining show, the folks at Discovery aren't eager to run a foul of that situation again, so these guys are either lying or the whole show is staged... I suspect both.

So the show is about a bunch of redneck low-life street races who sold some dork at Discovery that their cars are the fastest in the country. What could be a better waste of 60 minutes of air time?

I wish my wife was commited to my addiction. she is the bread winner in my household but she wont fund my projects. Sounds like they have some serious priority problems there in OK City

I haven't turned a TV on in two years so I guess I'm missing out. Not even when I was recently sick from food poisoning did it even occur to me to turn the thing on. Instead I grabbed my guitar...

The only comment I can make here is the network saw a few bucks in this. My 9 yr younger sister tells me when she sees me driving my heaps that "muscle cars are in". I say, really? As sort of a tongue and cheek comment because she has never known me without one since I started driving. They've been "in" for me for over 30 yrs." What has changed? Apparently all the TV shows that I have never seen.

I did enjoy Andy Griffith and all the old shows and if can get a station that only plays the cool reruns without signing up for a $100.00 / mo cable bill I'd do it. Meanwhile I'll stick to my guitar. Oh, and this site! With some of the characters on here it's better than TV!

I'll continue to watch it, but it seems scripted & too much cursing, F-booms every other word, but its about cars & racing, not that I condone street racing, it ain't really worth the hassles, it can make in your life... I did my share of it, rather successfully I may add, probably one of the fastest street cars {basically Top Sportman race cars with a license plate on them} when I was young & dumb too, I actually know what I'm taking about, when it comes to the subject...LOL.... IMHFO I just look at these reality car shows, as Entertainment, nothing more... It's better than watching A-typical cops & robbers or yet another Lawyer show, or the truly dumb TV, like Hollywood House wives or the fat a$$ Kardassions or some other crap on TV today... I'll take Street Outlaws or even Graveyard Cars over that crap any day.... By the way, N20 was used by the early American Hot Rodders, after they came home from the war, blew the hell out of allot of flatheads, before they figured out they needed to add more gas when adding N20 & the fuel systems of that era weren't up-to the tasks.... N20 was used in fighter planes in WWII, way back in the late 40's rodder era, even, American Muscle cars in the mid-late 60's, renowned NASCAR guy Smokey Yunick used it even, also the IHRA/NHRA drag race & Bonneville scenes early 70's, long before, it became popular with the, F&F wanta-bee street squirrels crowds, in their rainbow colored circus paint schemes, foreign crap or rice rockets.... It's just a cheaper way of adding boost to an engine, that still needs to be built to handle the extra oxygen cooling & cylinder pressure, it's became a real science... Widely used today.... The head guy Big Chief was on the original "Pinks", several times, he never had a really fast car, That I can remember... It's not easy to run a 9-10 second race/street car, especially on a non-prepped surface or public roads under power, they will tend to over power the street every time, not hook up & are not really safe & unless you haven't actually done it, you don't really know what it actually takes to do it...

- - - Updated - - -

yes their HP #'s are probably BS, like 90% of the rest of car guys out there, seriously exagerated or just like phallic length lies... maybe not the 1000hp stuff

- - - Updated - - -

N20 was used widely in closed circuit Unlimited Hydro racing & off shore boats also, starting in the late 60's & early 70's

- - - Updated - - -

If Street Outlaws & Graveyard Cars were both on at the same time, & I had to choose... I would watch Street Outlaws & DVR Graveyard Cars, so I can FFWRD thru the BS, to me it's still "at the bottom of my list", of quality car shows & if it wasn't about MOPAR's... I wouldn't even watch it....

Andy Griffith is one of my all time favs Meep .. along with the Honeymooners

I haven't turned a TV on in two years so I guess I'm missing out. Not even when I was recently sick from food poisoning did it even occur to me to turn the thing on. Instead I grabbed my guitar...
I did enjoy Andy Griffith and all the old shows and if can get a station that only plays the cool reruns without signing up for a $100.00 / mo cable bill I'd do it. Meanwhile I'll stick to my guitar. Oh, and this site! With some of the characters on here it's better than TV!

Meeps are you going Hippie on us now....LOL... Me-TV out of Sacramento & TV-ONE both have old 50's, 60's & 70's shows probably at-least 75% of their line up... also ION-TV has allot of older shows & movies, Encore Westerns {ENWSw} has allot of great old westerns... AMC, TVLD {TV land}, TCM {Turner Classic Movies} & RETRO has allot of old stuff too, not sure if any are offered on basic cable...

By the way, N20 was used by the early American Hot Rodders, after they came home from the war, blew the hell out of allot of flatheads, before they figured out they needed to add more gas when adding N20 & the fuel systems of that era weren't up-to the tasks.

There were a few guys using nitrous back when I was racing, but everyone knew they were a flash in the pan. We would go out doing some light-to-light show-off runs while we waited for traffic to die down and that would be all it would take for the nitrous guys to empty out their tanks and have to call it a night before the real racing began. And the guys who did make it to the races usually had about one good pass in them. The guys with legitimate HP could run all night. :)

as if hillbilly hand fishing was'nt bad enough.now we have these idiots making us okies look good.i watched that crap too - what a joke

There were a few guys using nitrous back when I was racing, but everyone knew they were a flash in the pan. We would go out doing some light-to-light show-off runs while we waited for traffic to die down and that would be all it would take for the nitrous guys to empty out their tanks and have to call it a night before the real racing began. And the guys who did make it to the races usually had about one good pass in them. The guys with legitimate HP could run all night. :)

The real racers that were N20 guys, would have more than one bottle too...

lol,i recorded this show.i will go home tonight and erase it.i did some big $$$ street racing back in the late 80's and early 90's and wanted to compare this show to that.sounds completly fake like most "reality" shows now a days.oh well,hopes smashed for good entertainment again.

Looks like a sort of 'Jersey Shore' of OKC. Apologies to the fans, but I cant watch any of that swill.

Several years ago there was several documentary type episodes about street racers in Chicago/Boston areas on Nat. Geo. I think. This show reminds me of those, don't get me wrong they [S.O.] had some nice cars and a lot of money was being spoke of but I was not impressed and won't stay up late on a work night to watch it!!!

Weeeeeelllllllllll now.. havent seen it but I will hav to check it out.
Forced induction on a v8 is the easiest way to make 1000hp at the wheels and it really isnt that hard to do to be honest. Any decent twin system will make 1200.. You just needs an engine to handle it and a fuel system and intercooler and engine management and your in the game..Well a suspension rear-end trans and clutch as well.. Deep pockets to build it right... N20 can make good power and some will combine it with boost to wind up the boost quicker but if your looking for 1000 rwhp you aint using n2o alone or at all if you have any sense at all.
For n2o you start with motor and then add hp to it.... 600 rwhp and then a 400 shot? triple bottles and they wont last long and then not to mention the cost of filling them... No If I was doing 1000+ rwhp it would be twin turbos with an engine built to about 8.6:1

15k for the engine, 12k for the turbo system, 2500 for the fuel system, 3200 for the engine management... 1200 for the intercooler.. Thats a start

Love Fast 'n Loud, it's fun to watch and those two main dudes are cool. Haven't seen this show, but was tempted. Thanks for filling me in first, now I can go in with rock-bottom expectations, lol. Like old Import Tuner videos on VHS, I'm guessing on par with those.

I have an ACTUAL FAST import and many friends with extremely fast imports, not rice. We make fun of ricers like these at every chance we can. Especially Hondoodlers and anyone who is "all-show, no-go".

Budnicks! You said Street squirrel. This confirms you are from Concord! Ron Clark (AKA Speaker Head) used to use that all the time. You gotta know who he is.

The real racers that were N20 guys, would have more than one bottle too...

Not back then. I don't know what those bottles cost, but they weren't cheap and every guy who had a system had one. I also remember there was a big problem with filling them. The guys were taking them to speed shops, and the way they were being refilled made them think they had 10 or 20 lbs of gas, but there was actually a lot less gas actually in the bottle. I can't remember what the issue was, but I think it had something to do with whether the bottle was filled right-side up or upside down or soemthing like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Love Fast 'n Loud, it's fun to watch and those two main dudes are cool.

I didn't like that show at first, but that Richard grows on you. I'm so used to these car shows where there's always a lot of adversity but they always win out in the end, and that only happens about half the time on Fast & Loud. The other half they're screwing up and making bad decisions. The Gasser, that ridiculous Fairmont drift car, the Lincoln Continental, the double-smacking he took from buying Emmitt Smith's car... those are all well-intentioned failures that most shows would try to hide, but there's Richard taking his lumps along with his successes... you gotta admire that.

I also like the show because Richard is on the hook for everything, and it shows. It isn't like other shows where suppliers and vendors are donating gazillions of dollars worth of parts, tools, and services to get them shown on the show (yes Graveyard Carz and Overhaulin'... I'm talking to you!). The Gas Monkey guys have to account for every penny they spend on parts and labor, which makes the show a lot more real to me.

The only thing "fast n' Loud" on that show is the "bull Shi+" they Speak.:bootyshake:

True, nothing fast, except maybe his own Shelby. I'll watch another show for actual fast cars. It's just fun to watch restorations, auctions, and the antics. He seems to lose his shirt as often as he makes a profit, but I'm sure the show is just edited that way otherwise he couldn't afford that big new building. Agree he does buy a lot of junk. I really wanna see how that red wrecked F-40 turns out! Looks like they're gonna paint it black, that is one SICK CAR, and FAST.

I'm also curious to see more of that (obviously just eye-candy) "Alloy Suicide" girl. Hubba-hubba. <3

Budnicks! You said Street squirrel. This confirms you are from Concord! Ron Clark (AKA Speaker Head) used to use that all the time. You gotta know who he is.
Yeah... Who do you think Ron got it from...LOL...
we use to call them Bait also...

Auto Transport Service
Back