• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Year, New Toy....

jaak

Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Drug it home today....

IMG_0144_zps048f3815.jpg

IMG_0143_zps5a81d5cd.jpg

IMG_0146_zpsb0bc965e.jpg

Jason

nice...i need a new toy like that...

Nice toy. Good luck with your project.

Damn I'm jealous, I love the 68 Chargers.... cool stuff

Its a pretty plain 68, it has a 318/904 currently in it, but VIN shows it was a factory 383-2bbl. No a/c, manual brakes, column shift/buddy seat. Body is actually in pretty good shape, found a couple of previous repairs I want to re-do. Tail panel is pretty rough, but got a new AMD tail panel, and new front valance with it. Worst part is the floor pans, It sat outside for a few years with no windshield, so the floor pans are pretty rusty, and the left side of the trunk has some rust, but nothing major. I don't think the car has ever had any collision damage, for a 45 year old car, I'm impressed with all the lines/gaps, and how the doors, trunk, etc. close

It's an XP with no fender tag, so its a blank canvas to do anything. When I start on it, I want to start by repairing the rust, and work on everything mechanical and electrical first. I think I just want to make a nice driver/cruiser out of it. Like I said it currently has a 318, I picked up a low mile factory 4 bbl 360 with a 727 trans out of a '79 Chrysler 300 back a few months ago, thinking about using that engine.

One thing for sure, when it comes time to do the interior, I want it to be white...I love white interiors, and that's what I miss most about the 73 Rallye I had, was the white interior.

Jason

who would want 2 chargers, so i will come by and take that 68 off your hands...lol

Nice chargers,now all you need is a 70 to go along with them

Congrats on your new toy Jason... Looks sweet next to the other and really looks like its in great shape..

68 is my favorite year Charger, so needless to say I like it lol. Always wanted to get one and throw a viper V10 in it :icon_cheers:

looks like a perfect Bullitt copy cat to me

Attachments

• bullitt.jpg
    bullitt.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 196
First thing, I finally cleaned up the rear part of my shop (its 40' long), so I parked the 68 long ways in the rear of my shop, so I still have the right bay open for oil changes,work on my daily drivers, side jobs, etc. Probably be spring before I start any real work on it.

IMG_0149_zpsc6d0ee7d.jpg

IMG_0154_zpsd0fb14b9.jpg

New AMD front valance and tail panel I got with the car (stored on rafters for now)....

IMG_0157_zpsdc8338e6.jpg

Jason

Auto Transport Service
Back