• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Question

bmcnitt

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys just bought a real rough 68 Charger yesterday. I have been working on an old Corvette for years and learned about everything I know from my Vette forum. Always loved MOPARS but back to square one, dont know a single thing about them. Anyhow what I would like to know is what are the best MOPAR vendor sites to look up and buy parts. The ones I am finding dont seem to be real complete. They have a little of this and a little of that. I was hoping maybe there would be a few sites that would have basically any new "old" part I needed. Maybe the MOPAR retro parts are harder to come by? With the vettes there are a lot of competing sites that have esentially every part in the car. Anyhow, names Brian, thanks for any help you can give me.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! We'll need to see some pics of that `68, we love our projects on this site! Sounds like you need a trip to the Mopar Nats in August for a very large swap meet, you missed Carlisle a few weeks ago which is even better!
Post your wants and needs up on this site and you'll be suprised at just what a great resource this forum can be.

Yup, Mopar parts are not as easy to find. But thats what makes them more valuable. And its a challange to find just the right part you were looking for. I also have an old Corvette (1960 Fulie ) resored about 25 yrs ago , but back then even the Corvette parts werent so prevelent.

Welcome to the forum. I'm currently in the middle of a 68 Charger resto.
You will find there is no "one stop shop" for all your Mopar needs. Also prices on the same parts will vary from vendor to vendor.
I pounded the swap meet in Carlisle this year in the 100º+ heat looking for parts for my 68. The thrill of the hunt is half the fun.

Thanks guys for the feedback and also for welcoming me to the site. Sounds like the answer is that parts are going to be a little harder to find then what I am used to. I will take your advice and attend some of the car shows. I will post some pics when I take some decent ones.

Let me see if this works.

Mopar
Central Oklahoma Classic Chevy Club

Mopar Chassis chrysler 8 3/4 rearends Frame Connector Kits - Advanced Racing Systems T407/TF 727 Band Adjustment Wide tire fitting Chrysler 727 Trans - A&A Transmissions Firmfeel Mopar Suspension and Steering :::MoparMax::: Torsion Bar Front Suspension Rebuild Tips and Tricks: Part Two - 11/8/2011 Doc Diff

Mopar Brake Disc Conversion Disc Conversion Parts Front Disc Brake Conversions Right Stuff

Mopar Body Body Dash chroming Dash Stuff EvansWiring.com : Product Catalog Gaskets and Seals Graphics R/T Specialties - Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware Legendary Auto Interiors BEA Parts, B-Body, E-Body, A-Body, B/E & A Restoration, Mike Ross, New New Stock JULIANO'S HOT ROD PARTS Auto Metal Direct - Your Source for Chrysler and GM Muscle Car and Truck Sheet Metal - Auto Metal Direct - Your Source for Chrysler and GM Muscle Car and Truck Sheet Metal Dante's | Buy Mopar Parts and Classic Auto Accessories online ShermanParts :: 1967 Dodge Coronet

Mopar Engine 440 Source.com Homepage 440 Tuning CARBS UNLIMITED INC. carburetors including Weber Edlebrock Holley Quadrajet Carter AFB Carter AFB Carburetor Kit Casting Numbers - Big Block B/RB Cool Flex Dodge Carburetor Parts - The Carburetor Doctor Electric Choke Conversion Engine Swap Kits Ex Man Cast Numb Headers by ED Mancini Racing Mopar Performance Parts - Yahoo Top Service Award Winner! Max Wedge - Race Hemi | Maximum Performance U.S. Radiator Headers List_Of_Carb_Models_1954_to_1970 THE CARBURETOR SHOP / Frequently asked questions Lofgren Auto Koffel's Place B1 heads Mopar Performance BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit MoParts Parts & Supplies R & R Performance Classic HEMI Engine Restoration | 440 Wedge Engine Repair Carter AFB/AVS Setup | Diamondback Engines Heads Hughes Engines How To Stock Buildup A 440 Magnum Buildup '69 440 Magnum Engine - 2 JPW Online -- Cruises in USA: Minnesota

Mopar Radio Custom AM/FM radios Radio Repair Vintage Auto Radio Services AM/FM Stereo Conversions for old car radios B Body Mopar Forums Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale

Mopar Electric Ron Francis Wiring The Gauge Doc - Contact Page Laminate Elec Schematic Mopar Ignition Mopar Charging System - MyMopar.com Voltage regulator 67 bel - Mopar Forums Ammeter eGauges.com Nippon Denso Starter Solenoid Repair Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

Mopar Resto Atlas Obsolete Chrysler Parts Dante's | Mopar Parts Catalog | Classic Muscle Car Accessories Govier GTS Home Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance Laysons NOS Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts MOPAR PARTS - DODGE PARTS - DODGE RAM TRUCK PARTS - PLYMOUTH PARTS - MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS - Mopar, Dodge, Plymouth, Restoration Parts, GM, Mopar Performance, Dodge Motorsports, Dodge Ram Truck, New Dodge Challenger, Dodge Durango Mopar Restoration Resources Moparts on the Web - Tech Index MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information Steering wheels Tags Backeast, Trim Tags Backeast, Data Plates, A.G.Backeast. We make tags for AMC, Buick, Cadillac, Camaro, Chevelle, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Corvette, Dodge, DeSoto, Edsel, Ford, Frazer, La Salle, Henry J, Kaiser, Lincoln, Mercury, Mustang, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Shelby, Thunderbirds and trucks. Our work is on numerous national prize winners and magazine feature cars: The entire Fomoco family, including trucks, from 1949 to 1969; G.M. cars back to 1928; Mopars of the 50's to 70's and orphans such as AMC, Kaiser - Frazer, and Henry J. The R/T Garage - Mopar Restoration and Performance Services in Prior Lake, MN and information on The Rev-n-nator Tony's Parts - Mopar Parts NOS and Used TRIMTAGS.COM The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page 1962 to 1965 Mopar Vendor and Parts Sources Peps Parts - Mopar Restoration Parts - Only Ready-to-Ship Products Are Advertised! Welcome to Totally Auto Mopar numbers MCB Chrome Hagerty Collector Car Insurance Midwest Mopars Mopar Magazine Safe-T-Cap - Auto Rust Technicians The Dodge Coronet Registry Tom Hand's guide to the Chrysler torqueflite automatic transmission Vescio's Customizing & Restorations AR Engineering | High tech parts for your muscle car mopar moparts: Forum Neat Restoration Mopar Links Home - Walter P. Chrysler Museum Foundation Imperial

That oughta keep ya busy for a bit. Copy and paste from my bookmarks, so kinda screwy, but lots of good researched sources there.

Sixer,
Wow thanks for the info, your right that will keep me busy for a while but I need a lot of stuff so this is great.

Auto Transport Service
Back