• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie to the FBBO from Culpeper Va

gviro

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi to all, hope everyone had a good Turkey day feast. Joeychgo indicated I should drop a line here to introduce myself as one of the newbies to this site.
I have been visiting this site for several years learning from this group's vast collective experience while maintaining my MOPAR.
Ive had my 69 GTX for little over 24 years now and a few years back decided to yanked out the 440 to refresh....over the few odd weekends when life allowed, but now getting ready to finish up the top end on this puppy and get her bolted back up to the 727 this comming spring and put her back on the road. She's no trailer queen and was more of a weekend driver before i put her on blocks for the refresh. Got the MOPAR fever back in early 80's when my brothers friend would drop by and give me a lift in his 383 69 Road Runner, since then ive been chasing that dream, but ended up in the US Navy's Submarine Force for the long. Found my GTX up in Illinois and transplanted her in the hill of Culpeper VA. Looking forward to learn from this group and Im pondering a rebuild of the 727 before bolting the 440 back in.
thanks to all for keeping sites like this alive.

my-GTX-1.jpg

Welcome aboard from Brightwood, Madison Co VA.
Hope to see that car running around next year.

Thanks for your service :usflag:

Great looking 69 GTX too
love the vibe/style

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Nice GTX, thanks for sharing.

Glad to have you aboard :usflag: No saltwater here!!

0000000000)f2.jpg

Hi to all, hope everyone had a good Turkey day feast. Joeychgo indicated I should drop a line here to introduce myself as one of the newbies to this site.
I have been visiting this site for several years learning from this group's vast collective experience while maintaining my MOPAR.
Ive had my 69 GTX for little over 24 years now and a few years back decided to yanked out the 440 to refresh....over the few odd weekends when life allowed, but now getting ready to finish up the top end on this puppy and get her bolted back up to the 727 this comming spring and put her back on the road. She's no trailer queen and was more of a weekend driver before i put her on blocks for the refresh. Got the MOPAR fever back in early 80's when my brothers friend would drop by and give me a lift in his 383 69 Road Runner, since then ive been chasing that dream, but ended up in the US Navy's Submarine Force for the long. Found my GTX up in Illinois and transplanted her in the hill of Culpeper VA. Looking forward to learn from this group and Im pondering a rebuild of the 727 before bolting the 440 back in.

View attachment 1562794
Welcome from NJ!
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3528.gif
IMG_3533.gif
IMG_3156.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3071.gif
IMG_3220.gif

Screenshot_20230319_070133_Google.jpg

Welcome!
I've been to Culpeper a few times, beautiful.

View attachment 1562794
Welcome from NW Florida. I just joined too and have a 69 Road Runner I’m restoring 383/727. Beautiful car you have

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. My neighbor down the street was in the silent service too. Based out of Pearl.

IMG_4149.jpeg

Ever have some guy called "Tickle" ask you to bootleg? :lol:

Welcome, from a fellow dolphin wearer (SSN 696 USS New York City). What boat were you on.
Beautiful GTX.

Last edited:
Welocome, from a fellow dolphin wearer (SSN 696 USS New York City). What boat were you on.
Beautiful GTX.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I punched holes in the ocean
serving on SSN 753 Albany, SSN 664 Sea Devil, SSBN 641 Simon Bolivar, and SSBN 633 USS Pulaski

Welcome from Alabama, hope you get that beauty back on the road soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back