• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

newer turn signal switch

moparjohnny

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
have any one installed one of the newer turn signal switches with different colored wires that do not match up with schematic colors to connect to dash socket, this one shows a gray color,and two black wires one has a light green stripe on it,do not have a dark green wire, no brown wire,but does have a tan wire,i do not know where these new colors connect to,see pics below. thanks
turn signal switch.jpg

Don't you have the original to compare it to?? I'd take a shot that the black/green strip is the dark green to go with the light green and the gray and tan is a set. Which is the "dark brown" is the question.. although not sure it matters how the brown or green pairs are oriented in the plug.

All I've got for now.. couldn't find my old OE switch today to look for you.
beerestoration2018 1379.JPG

beerestoration2018 1382.JPG

Don't you have the original to compare it to?? I'd take a shot that the black/green strip is the dark green to go with the light green and the gray and tan is a set. Which is the "dark brown" is the question.. although not sure it matters how the brown or green pairs are oriented in the plug.

View attachment 905444
View attachment 905446
thanks wayne,i kinda was thinking the black with green stripe could be the dark green,not sure my self if they have to be as the schematic shows in manual.i have the old switch and it shows all the schematic colors as it should,no gray,black with stripe as the new signal switch shows.

Well if you have the old switch.. just compare where the wires go on the original and the new one, as I said this morning.. it's that simple. That's all you should need to do to determine what the new colours are replacing in comparison to the OE.

View attachment 905444
View attachment 905446
I'm changing my turn signal switch.When I remove the old switch from the column does the plug on the end come up thru column or do I cut the plug off.

You have to remove the wire tray from the column and pop each wire out of the connector. No need to go cutting wires. All the wires come out with the switch assembly.
mar518u.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back