• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice day for a Concours D Elegance

XS22J8R

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
There is a Concours not far from me in Geneva Illinois every August. It’s no Pebble Beach, but still pretty interesting.
And free admission too!
I was surprised to see a couple cool B bodies on display among the museum piece quality entrants this year.
Heres my pictures-
Geneva Concoura D' Elegance 2023

That '64 Plymouth Super Stock still has the original engine and trans in it, that's pretty impressive.

@MarPar I'm sorry about your other plans yesterday, but here's a little of what you missed. I was hoping to catch up with you out there, but your other plans were way more important than a car show, even this one.

Great show and thanks for the pics XS22J8R.

Thank you. I've owned the car since '83, but as is the story with some of us, it's been off the road for most of that time. The resto is fresh enough that we're still working some bugs out of it. The air grabber is still not working correctly, and I have a short somewhere that takes out the fuse for the radio, dome light, and brake lights. I thought that the short was fixed, but I found out differently at the show.

I'm not much for participating in car shows, but the Concours d' Elegance is a bit different, I had to get out there and represent all of us Mopar muscle car folks against the sea of GM guys, although I will say that the black '67 427 Impala was beautiful. I don't know if you stuck around for the awards ceremony, but my car did win best in class, which surprised the hell out of me, so I hope I did the Mopar community proud.

Congrats on the win!
I've never worked all the bugs out of my T/A, which won OE Gold at MCACN in 2018, and it is rarely seen outside my garage which is sort of ridiculous. I have 4 vintage cars, 2 which get out and about and 2 which hardly ever see the light of day! With its intermittent crank but no start issue which I've pretty much given up on figuring out how to resolve, my Magnum is about to join the the other 2 garage queens, which will have me down to 1 car that I want to take anywhere!

Thank you. The car was in MCACN in 2021, but we had even more bugs to work out of it then, it won OE Gold at that show, so that was cool. MCACN and the Concourse are the only 2 shows that I've ever participated in, in my entire life, other than helping some friends with their stuff. Don't give up on your Magnum, you'll get it figured out. If I remember correctly you also have a mid-seventies red and maroon Charger, correct? If so, I've seen that car at the Mopar Happening shows at Boone County Fairgrounds and I believe it was at MCACN last year, it's a good-looking car.

I have a red Challenger T/A I've had since HS that I restored to trailer queen status, that I did haul out to Belvidere this year (it was in MCACN in 2021 too but largely lost in the crowd in the large AAR and T/A feature there that year), a 71 GK6 V code Challenger R/T I used to take out regularly but had to store when the T/A project came home and took its space in my garage, the burgundy red Magnum GT w/white interior that I've had out and about regularly including the MCACN malaise display last year, and old reliable, my FK5 N code Challenger convertible that has been to 100s of shows and cruises in the Chicago area over the last 25 years.

Nice sounding stable. I'm sorry, I thought the Magnum was a Charger.

Thank you. I've owned the car since '83, but as is the story with some of us, it's been off the road for most of that time. The resto is fresh enough that we're still working some bugs out of it. The air grabber is still not working correctly, and I have a short somewhere that takes out the fuse for the radio, dome light, and brake lights. I thought that the short was fixed, but I found out differently at the show.

I'm not much for participating in car shows, but the Concours d' Elegance is a bit different, I had to get out there and represent all of us Mopar muscle car folks against the sea of GM guys, although I will say that the black '67 427 Impala was beautiful. I don't know if you stuck around for the awards ceremony, but my car did win best in class, which surprised the hell out of me, so I hope I did the Mopar community proud.
Way to go @Geetex!! You did us proud!

Ya, wish I could have gone. :(

Way to go @Geetex!! You did us proud!

Ya, wish I could have gone. :(
It would have been nice to meet up with ya Bud, oh well, some other time, obligations like the one you had Sunday come first. I have the same obligation tonight that you had on Sunday.

It would have been nice to meet up with ya Bud, oh well, some other time, obligations like the one you had Sunday come first. I have the same obligation tonight that you had on Sunday.
Sorry to hear it

Auto Transport Service
Back