• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No crank with key troubleshooting

Negative, but I am making progress. Last week I was measuring with no load. Now I'm measuring with load and just back probing different connections and I was able to find a decent sized voltage drop from the amp gauge. The connection was really clean, but it was a little loose. I tightened that up and that was definitely part of the problem, but not all of it.

Just a thought. Something you probably already checked, but I didn’t see it mentioned. Check your main ground. A couple months ago I went to fire mine up and nothing. Everything worked except the ignition. I don’t drive it near as much as I wish but it’s always on a tender with a battery disconnect. I always start out simple, grabbed a wrench, pulled off the ground from the block, cleaned it, put it back on and she fired right up. Hope this helps, worth a shot! Take care and good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back