• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No fender tag

Scotts70

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
I'm missing my fender tag. I'm also missing the motor and rear. Transmission is still there though.
I'm curious, is there a way to figure exactly what I have without the tag?
I know it's the original color, interior, trim, had a sunroof. Just curious what options there were and how close can I get to figuring things out. I don't know if it was a roadrunner or satellite or GTX. What telltale signs are there to help me identify as much as possible.

Have you looked underneath the rear seat for your broadcast sheet? That would tell you a lot about your car and the options. The sheet can be found in other places underneath the carpeting, on top of the glove box in the back, in your seat backs in the front seats and headliner.

First four of the VIN
RL23 Satellite
RM23 Road Runner
RH23 Satellite Sebring
RP23 Satellite Sebring Plus
RS23 GTX

If no broadcast sheet or fender tag the only info you have to go on is the VIN and clues from the car. A big block car will have extended wiring for a front distributor, vs. rear distributor for a small block. If the trans is the correct one, small block and big block trans have a different bolt pattern at the bell. There are also other clues like # of leaf springs, etc. that can be gotten into.

First four of the VIN
RL23 Satellite
RM23 Road Runner
RH23 Satellite Sebring
RP23 Satellite Sebring Plus
RS23 GTX
What is the difference between the satellite, Sebring, Sebring Plus and the roadrunner. My little understanding leaves me feeling like there is very little difference between the plus and a roadrunner. I'm really new to these so I'd like to learn.

I saved this from being scrapped. The seats have been pulled out. Still there but no broadcast sheet. I don't think I'll find a broadcast sheet under the carpet. If I do it'll probably be indistinguishable. I'll look above the glovebox. That's still there and looks like it's been dry.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the satellite, Sebring, Sebring Plus and the roadrunner. My little understanding leaves me feeling like there is very little difference between the plus and a roadrunner. I'm really new to these so I'd like to learn.

I saved this from being scrapped. The seats have been pulled out. Still there but no broadcast sheet. I don't think I'll find a broadcast sheet under the carpet. If I do it'll probably be indistinguishable. I'll look above the glovebox. That's still there and looks like it's been dry.
Essentially all of the various models are pretty much the same however each model offered unique or different attributes when it came to the trim, interiors, and available drive train. The point is this, regardless of what you have they are not making them anymore and it is/will be a cool car.

what year is your car? Things do change year to year.

is it a 70 like your screen name? please tell us the first 7 of your VIN.

RL is a Belvedere in 66-70

Scott, sent you a PM. Perhaps I can offer some local help.
John

what year is your car? Things do change year to year.

is it a 70 like your screen name? please tell us the first 7 of your VIN.

RL is a Belvedere in 66-70
I have a 71. From the earlier information I learned from the vin, I have a 71 Sebring Plus.

Auto Transport Service
Back