• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No low beam headlights

Don't be intimidated about replacing the wiring harness. You just unplug on connector at a time and plug in the new one. I learned this from my uncle Frank at a Dodge dealership where he worked when I was 16.

More recently, I replaced all the wiring on the El Camino, some on the Coronet and then I had my son-in-law replace the engine harness on Bill's Cuda as I watched; all went very smooth.

Some pictures of harness location for reference?

Than toaster oven still working??

No lights again. Bought a $7 dimmer switch on Amazon. Will start there.

6D476F0B-5771-46ED-BBE4-8303C5F886B5.jpeg
Overnight from Taiwan. Any advice.

The plug worked its way out over 50 years. Pushed the connector back in...headlights!

Yep, at the switch on the floor. I blame the boys on Lynch Road.

being busy this last weekend

It seems it was already fixed anyway

I and many others have done the ammeter bypass and installed an inexpensive headlight wiring harness with relays to address dim lighting issues.

Have you done that?

no need for the bypass althought relay can be a good idea, as far is propperly sourced ( place and power )

Last edited:
I was betting on the bulkhead connector, glad it was easy.

Glad it wasn’t two burned out lamps
After 50+ yrs as a tech and shop owner I’ve seen that be the case more than once. Glad you’re back in the light

Auto Transport Service
Back