• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No methylene chloride-based paint stripper?

sam dupont

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Spruce Aircraft no longer sells it and they were the last source I knew of. Is there any other source available?

Yeah, and you can get .22 ammo too. Down here, we're SOL

Yeah, and you can get .22 ammo too. Down here, we're SOL
Now come on Sam ,
plenty of .22 here , gun broker sight has lots of it........... its the $69.00 for 500 rounds thats the killer:elmer:
paint stripper that works............... yeh good luck.

Have you went to an actual paint supply store or are you trying to buy it from Lowe's or Mennards ?

The good stuff is outlawed in the US. I’m working with a $60 gallon or Kleen Strip Aircraft. This is what my paint supply house carries.

Stuff sort of works but you need to put it on thick, keep it wet. Then an hour later it’ll take a layer off.

Loctite Turco 5351, there's your stripper with Methylene Chloride still available. The EPA banned is from being sold at consumer market level but not the industrial level. The pale was a 5 gal. at about $360.

The good stuff is outlawed in the US. I’m working with a $60 gallon or Kleen Strip Aircraft. This is what my paint supply house carries.

Stuff sort of works but you need to put it on thick, keep it wet. Then an hour later it’ll take a layer off.
Nope, still available.

I liked the old paint stripper . You could call the auto parts store or lumber yard and have a gallon the same day.
Plus it worked great.
I see posted info on 5 gal pails at over $300 , thanks for the info tak419.
I do think at that price though I will just have the mobile media blaster stop by.

My research, a couple months old, showed that it is not banned. The trump administration told the EPA to ban it, but they didn't The EPA did ask retailers to stop selling it, and they did.
They cited the number of deaths from it in the last 40 years: 12.

It didn't work for me, but I was trying to use it like the old stuff: brush in on and scrape off after a couple minutes. The new stuff dries out. I've seen people put plastic over the stripper to keep it from drying out as it eats the paint. If I can get it to work, I don't care about the old stuff. It's just that all of the old stuff, Lime Away, Brasso, and other chemicals have been replaced with products that don't work.

Auto Transport Service
Back