• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Cokes for me. Hospital visit.

Hmm, I researched dilaudin vs morphine, The first is more potent and the latter lasts longer. We need a practical test. Seeing how we both can fake the symptoms, you visit Massachusetts in the fall and I'll take you to Mass Central. RC can be our starter HEHEHE I have a friend who is an attending DR in the ER, he'll understand that it's a science experiment.
Dilaudid is like a warm hug from god.. every bit of pain you have ever felt just disappears.. it's the most amazing feeling ever. Literally medical heroin.. i hope to never have it again.. the minute it wore off i wanted more. Worth feeling once though :)

Any morphine or derivatives from Vicodin to Oxycodone don't seem to work that great for me. Makes me alittle nauseous. And just want to lay down. What does work rather well for me is Ibuprofen. Not only a mild pain relief, but significantly reduces swelling.

It seems these drugs affect everyone a little differently.

Dilaudid is like a warm hug
Not familiar with the stuff, but whatever the pre-surgery injection is where ya mellow out for an hour is nice. Had good results with oxy, actually can’t sleep when on the stuff, I’m more alert. Having some scripts over the years post-surgery I’m sad when it’s gone. Only time I feel like I did 25 years ago. Never got dumb with the stuff taking it sparingly and have some left from surgery last fall. So it’s dealing with the aches & pains as a routine taking OTC meds cuz some get crazy addicted. Never recall being given fentanyl; only became aware of the **** past couple years.

Dilaudid is like a warm hug from god.. every bit of pain you have ever felt just disappears.. it's the most amazing feeling ever. Literally medical heroin.. i hope to never have it again.. the minute it wore off i wanted more. Worth feeling once though :)
Hi,

I've had several kidney stone episodes. The drugs are a huge relief, but the memory of the pain made me pay attention to my hydration and cut out the soda 100%. My renal function is reduced after a bout with multiple-myeloma (cancer). Acute gout is no walk in the park either, but prednisone resolved that rather than a pain med.

I'm donating my body to science. I hope some med students go "WTF!!!" :rofl:

Hope you're feeling better Steve SS.
Interestingly, I had a friendly acquaintance years ago that had chronic kidney stones. Marvin had them so often that he could feel them coming on. When he felt one, if he would slam a warm - said it had to be warm - 2 litre of coke or Pepsi, the acids would actually dissolve the stone to the point where it passed almost unnoticed. Worked for him for years. BUT - this was still the real stuff, i.e. real sugar and not that HFCS crap. THAT is the stuff that will/is kill(ing) you.
Of course, the volume you've been consuming may be part of the issue too... but I understand. I was born addicted to the stuff; my mom claimed that Pepsi was the only thing that would sit on her stomach when she was pregnant with me; said she puked for 4 months straight and Pepsi would 'stay down'. So I had no choice in the matter - like a poor little 'crack baby' , I hit the atmosphere jonesing for more. Drink more water and try and limit the soda pop and you should do better. I highly recommend that you only use real sugar pop; I really like Dublin Bottling Company's products myself... :)

[and remember, you're too White for coke anyway...]

I just found out I have a 4mm one in my left kidney. Had some back pain the other day on my left side that I thought was strange - now I know why. Supposedly the kidney is swollen a little but no discomfort today. Also supposedly, should be able to pass one of that size OK so we will see.

Auto Transport Service
Back