• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No power at all

STREETREBEL

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I've been driving my 67 Belvedere for years with no problems electrical.
I started it yesterday to move it while I mowed. When I went to move it back
it had nothing. No head lights, radio, would not crank. I checked the battery and it
has a good charge. So, what's keeping it from having power now. How should I
check it out?

Start at the beginning and work your way from there…..

Bulkhead connector unplug it look for melted plastic clean it up and put it back together

Sorry to here that. Volt meter and work you way through. Do you have a fuse able link might check that.

Make sure your ground connections are good and clean. 440'

I finally had time to look at it. It was the fuse able link. I just wiggled the wire and the power came back.
Now I just need to clean it.
Thanks everyone!

I finally had time to look at it. It was the fuse able link. I just wiggled the wire and the power came back.
Now I just need to clean it.
Thanks everyone!

Please unplug the bulkhead connectors and clean the connections. I doubt the fuseable link had a bad connection it was more likely you moved he bulkhead connectors when you did that and that connection was what reconnected. Common problem and can lead to a total meltdown of that connector block.

Glad that was it. You know I don't know why but my wire on the fuse able link is really tight form the bulk head connector to the start run relay. Think I will pull it out and extend it. The one thing they should not have shorted is that wire.

Yeah, as has been posted, wiggling wiring to find a 'good' connection is a red flag that there's more to check out. All I could say is ask me how I found out...lol

Yes do some house cleaning. Like your bulk head connection's. Never hurt's to spray some contact cleaner on connections and use some die electrical grease. Packed mine when installing the new bulk head and connectors. Hope you continue to have good sailing. :thumbsup:

Where is this fuseable link? My '64 Fury dies on and off, complete voltage loss to everything and the pos battery cable wiggle wire test brings it back, no loose connections I can find and battery terminals are clean. Sometimes it will die sitting at idle. Also, it appears the BH has been removed and a plate covering the opening, wiring enters the vehicle through that plate, I haven't removed the dash yet to trace wires.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back